• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kirkmiller

Kirkmiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I get the "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009" window when I (1) right click any folder -- even an empty folder, or (2) access an audio or video file.  I cancel the window; it pops up again; I cancel it again; it finally goes away.

I used Windows' uninstall program twice, but it didn't get rid of Roxio.  I did a SEARCH for all instances of Roxio in the file or folder name, and then deleted them.  I couldn't get rid of one dll file in a Roxio folder; it was protected somehow.  Renaming it didn't help.  I finally moved it to the recycle bin and emptied the recycle bin; that did it.

I ran msconfig and unchecked all Roxio references in the services and startup tabs, and restarted my computer.

I downloaded C2009_UninstallerXP.zip and ran it, but it said that Roxio was not found, so it could not uninstall it.

I still get the "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009" window when I (1) right click any folder -- even an empty folder (2) access an audio or video file.

I have a Compaq Presario desktop PC running Windows XP service pack 3.

What is causing these aggravating messages about Roxio?
How can I get rid of them?

Kirk

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,059 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Best Answer

A number of the gurus here recommend you use the REVO UNINSTALLER [do an Internet search for it] in "moderate" mode to completely uninstall the Roxio suite.

This uninstaller has a free trial version, and seems to be very efficient.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

"I did it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users