Question

When I try to burn Video and photographs to a DVD on my Mac it comes up with "Recorder not Found". I have used TOAST 11 before to Burn a DVD slide show incorporating Video clips and Photographs and therefore, why can it not find the Recorder. On the Apple Mac how do I find the Recorder details to enter in the TOAST window?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

When Toast launches it seeks out any connected disc burners. Since it can't find the one on your Mac it is likely that something is wrong. My first thought is for you to completely shut down your Mac, wait a few seconds and then restart. That may solve the problem. If it doesn't, click "About this Mac" in the Apple menu to access a System Report. There you'll find Disc Burning as an item under the Hardware list. Is there anything reported there? If there is, Toast should have found it. Let me know if you're still having the problem after these troubleshooting steps.

• Like 1

When Toast launches it seeks out any connected disc burners. Since it can't find the one on your Mac it is likely that something is wrong. My first thought is for you to completely shut down your Mac, wait a few seconds and then restart. That may solve the problem. If it doesn't, click "About this Mac" in the Apple menu to access a System Report. There you'll find Disc Burning as an item under the Hardware list. Is there anything reported there? If there is, Toast should have found it. Let me know if you're still having the problem after these troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for the reply, I tried your proposal and it did not start the Recorder. I located the identification details and when I entered them to identify the Recorder it did not work. However, I used the iMov with some photographs and this worked and when I opened Toast later it showed the Recorder. The main point was that the Disc Burner details were "Hl-dt-st DVDRW GA32N" where as the details in the iMac hardware indicates it as "HL-DT-ST DVDRW GA32N" and therefore, the upper and lower case used when the Program was loaded was altered by the Program and was the reason that when I entered it all in upper case it did not work.

The above may be of interest to others having the same problem and therefore, would you be able to communicate this so that other people can see the way that Toast list the Recorded information.

Regards

RobertoesRym

I would like to add that if you are running Windows on the Mac at the same time you are using Toast 10 you will get the "Recorder not Found" issue. You need to quit Windows so it will let go of the driver.

• Like 1