• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

ALH

No Sound On Iphone Or Ipad?

Question

I have several friends who have recently switched to iphones/ipads and when i email them new photoshows, they can play them but have no sound. Whats up here? :angry:

8 answers to this question

I have several friends who have recently switched to iphones/ipads and when i email them new photoshows, they can play them but have no sound. Whats up here? :angry:

Do they play, with sound, for you?

NO on Iphone Yes on pc

What exactly did you e-mail to your friends? Was it video files or what?

photoshow link. (email button on my photoshow page). Sound on all who watched on PC. No sound on all who watched on Iphone/pad

photoshow link. (email button on my photoshow page). Sound on all who watched on PC. No sound on all who watched on Iphone/pad

It sounds like the IPad/IPhone doesn't have the correct audio codecs to play the format. Since it plays on PCs the PhotoShow is not the issue. Perhaps there is an app you can get from the Apple store to install the correct codec. The issue is that I'm not sure anyone knows what the correct codec is. Looking at my PhotoShows on my computer I cannot determine what the codecs are. Note even if you can find the right codec, it doesn't mean that installing the codecs will make the Apple product work..

Converting the PhotoShows to mp4 format might work to play the PhotoShow on the Apple products but unfortunately that conversion has been broken for more than a year. Roxio seems to have no intent to fix it.

If you have a pc and not a MAC, download the PhotoShows to your desktop version of PhotoShow 6. From there you can make a wmv or mpg2 file and then e-mail them to your friends or upload them to a private YouTube or other site video. Give your friends the link to the page. I don't know if the Apple products can play YouTube videos (I don't have one). I don't think that the other options on the share page will work (Post and Mail or Post and Share ).

Let us know what you do so we can have that for the next person that asks the question.

I was able to find a "work around" for this problem. I used Gmail Drive. I uploaded the file to Drive. It saved it as a wmv file. I then sent this file to the address with the apple devices. They were able to play the wmv file WITH sound. This worked but is aPain to have to go through this separate process.You also need to know what device the adressee has(i.e. pc or Apple). I hope Roxio can fix this or it maqy be time to look for a different program. Thanks for your help.

You said: ".... Roxio can fix this or it maqy be time to look for a different program."

Unfortunately there are not very many that are similar and I don't think that Roxio/Corel will be spending much energy on fixing it. Actually I don't know of any that work the same. Look at some where you can put the output on the "Cloud". Sever imaging programs have that ability. Good luck

Did you try outputting the PhotoShow to a wmv file from the desktop version? You should then be able to send the wmv via the GMail drive.