• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mutley Eugenius

Mutley Eugenius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I am using Roxio MyDVD10, a bundled version that came with my BluRay burner. I have added abunch of movies and menus and its allgood, but I cannot get the 'Intro Movie' to accept any files. I want a copyright movie to be the first item played when the DVD goes in the player, but the right-click options for the Intro Movie are greyed out and can't be modified, and nothing that I drag onto the Intro Movie makes any difference.

Tried starting a new project, and as the first action, dragging a movie onto the Intro Movie icon, but nothing happens at all.

Any clues?

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

I am using Roxio MyDVD10, a bundled version that came with my BluRay burner. I have added abunch of movies and menus and its allgood, but I cannot get the 'Intro Movie' to accept any files. I want a copyright movie to be the first item played when the DVD goes in the player, but the right-click options for the Intro Movie are greyed out and can't be modified, and nothing that I drag onto the Intro Movie makes any difference.

Tried starting a new project, and as the first action, dragging a movie onto the Intro Movie icon, but nothing happens at all.

Any clues?

Perhaps the version of the software that you have is a stripped down version. Ask the manufacturer of the Blu-ray burner if it is.

And, no way will the software accept a copyright movie to be added to anything.

Good luck with your software.

Edited by grandpabruce, 14 February 2013 - 09:00 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#3 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I assume by "copyright movie" for the intro, you mean a copyright statement to claim your copyright of the material to be shown?

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#4 Mutley Eugenius

Mutley Eugenius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Sorry for not being clear, the Copyright movie is a 10 second Copyright notice that I made myself, designed to copyright the rest of the material on the DVD. I wanted it to come up when the disc is first played.

But I still can't find out why the Intro Movie option is completely unavailable to me. I have received no answer from the bundling company.

Another question, the software seems fantastically slow to use, like 3-5 seconds per click. Making a DVD with lots of movies and button and function tweaks takes hours.

Is that normal for this program?

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

1) If that button is grayed out, chances are that you have a castrated OEM version that does not allow a intro movie. Did you try adding an mpg2 video as the intro movie?

Consider adding that copyright as a section on a custom menu. I don't know if your version allows a custom menu but if it does, you can use a video as the background. Watch this.

2) Give us information on your computer via dxdiag.exe. Follow these instructions carefully and attach the text file; not no copy and paste the entire file.

Remember that you can get only about ONE hour of best quality video on a single layer DVD. Any more, the quality will be reduced. Trying to cram more than about 1 1/2 hours will screw up you entire project.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

But I still can't find out why the Intro Movie option is completely unavailable to me. I have received no answer from the bundling company.

Hi Mutley,

It's common for OEMs who plan to bundle the software to remove features from it [to save money] but they never seem to have the HELP files re-written [to save money?] so they still mention abilities that the software no longer has.

The OEMs are also responsible for all support for their bundled product [so it costs them less] but rarely seem to live up to their responsibilities. :(

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users