Sign in to follow this  
jad211

popcorn 1 will not register online

Question

I purchased popcorn as a download back in february through sonic's website and have been using it fine ever since. everything was groovy until i tried to register the product with roxio.com tonight and got this after entering the serial number:

PRODUCT_REGISTERATION_PRODUCTS_DIFFER

i still have all the emails with the download links, etc, from element 5 that were sent at the time of purchase, and cut and paste the serial number right from it and it refuses to accept it, over and over again. i bought it legit, the program works with the serial number i was provided...so what gives?

i just purchased toast 7 titanium tonight and once i actually managed to log in ...

[start rant]

...despite having to re-do the order 4 times because it would not accept a perfectly valid credit card, getting an order confirmation in my email box but never receiving anything indicating i needed to 'activate' my account and thus could not log in with the email address i had placed the order with and had to create a new account with the same email after spending hours trying to find any support. no toll-free number, no weekend hours and least helpful online support system in history. drop a few hundred bucks on software and get roxann in return....roxio is practically screaming "LEAVE US ALONE!"

but i'm sure i'm not the first to complain about all that...

[/end rant]

... it registered without a hitch. why the problems with popcorn registration?

3 answers to this question

I purchased popcorn as a download back in february through sonic's website and have been using it fine ever since. everything was groovy until i tried to register the product with roxio.com tonight and got this after entering the serial number:

PRODUCT_REGISTERATION_PRODUCTS_DIFFER

i still have all the emails with the download links, etc, from element 5 that were sent at the time of purchase, and cut and paste the serial number right from it and it refuses to accept it, over and over again. i bought it legit, the program works with the serial number i was provided...so what gives?

i just purchased toast 7 titanium tonight and once i actually managed to log in ...

[start rant]

...despite having to re-do the order 4 times because it would not accept a perfectly valid credit card, getting an order confirmation in my email box but never receiving anything indicating i needed to 'activate' my account and thus could not log in with the email address i had placed the order with and had to create a new account with the same email after spending hours trying to find any support. no toll-free number, no weekend hours and least helpful online support system in history. drop a few hundred bucks on software and get roxann in return....roxio is practically screaming "LEAVE US ALONE!"

but i'm sure i'm not the first to complain about all that...

[/end rant]

... it registered without a hitch. why the problems with popcorn registration?

Try typing in the registration instead of cut and paste .