• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jad211

jad211

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

I purchased popcorn as a download back in february through sonic's website and have been using it fine ever since.  everything was groovy until i tried to register the product with roxio.com tonight and got this after entering the serial number:

PRODUCT_REGISTERATION_PRODUCTS_DIFFER

i still have all the emails with the download links, etc, from element 5 that were sent at the time of purchase, and cut and paste the serial number right from it and it refuses to accept it, over and over again.  i bought it legit, the program works with the serial number i was provided...so what gives?  

i just purchased toast 7 titanium tonight and once i actually managed to log in ...

[start rant]

...despite having to re-do the order 4 times because it would not accept a perfectly valid credit card, getting an order confirmation in my email box but never receiving anything indicating i needed to 'activate' my account and thus could not log in with the email address i had placed the order with and had to create a new account with the same email after spending hours trying to find any support.  no toll-free number, no weekend hours and least helpful online support system in history.  drop a few hundred bucks on software and get roxann in return....roxio is practically screaming "LEAVE US ALONE!"

but i'm sure i'm not the first to complain about all that...

[/end rant]

... it registered without a hitch.  why the problems with popcorn registration?

#2 lakewoodlawnman

lakewoodlawnman

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

View Postjad211, on Aug 26 2006, 11:07 PM, said:

I purchased popcorn as a download back in february through sonic's website and have been using it fine ever since.  everything was groovy until i tried to register the product with roxio.com tonight and got this after entering the serial number:

PRODUCT_REGISTERATION_PRODUCTS_DIFFER

i still have all the emails with the download links, etc, from element 5 that were sent at the time of purchase, and cut and paste the serial number right from it and it refuses to accept it, over and over again.  i bought it legit, the program works with the serial number i was provided...so what gives?  

i just purchased toast 7 titanium tonight and once i actually managed to log in ...

[start rant]

...despite having to re-do the order 4 times because it would not accept a perfectly valid credit card, getting an order confirmation in my email box but never receiving anything indicating i needed to 'activate' my account and thus could not log in with the email address i had placed the order with and had to create a new account with the same email after spending hours trying to find any support.  no toll-free number, no weekend hours and least helpful online support system in history.  drop a few hundred bucks on software and get roxann in return....roxio is practically screaming "LEAVE US ALONE!"

but i'm sure i'm not the first to complain about all that...

[/end rant]

... it registered without a hitch.  why the problems with popcorn registration?

Try typing in the registration instead of cut and paste .

#3 jad211

jad211

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

no dice.  any other suggestions?

#4 nrowe46@adelphia.net

nrowe46@adelphia.net

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:29 AM

:)
I have done all the suggested steps. No go. I even reinstalled OS 10.4.7 and still it will not load or resister.
Is there another video compression program that is not paranoid about CD Keys et al?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users