• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I have been using Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010 for a couple years now and love it. Recently when I try to open it to edit photos it won't start or do anything. I can Open Roxio to the main program page but when I click Edit photo or if I right click on a photo and click open with Photosuit, NOTHING HAPPENS, please help! I am so frustrated. I tried repairing with disk, I uninstalled then reinstalled, and still nothing seems to work. There is no error message, just nothing happens at all.

post-110932-0-52725500-1362078579_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

Have you added any new programs/updated to a new Operating System/run any Reg edit scans, since the last time it worked?.

Hi Ogdens, No, nothing that I can think of. POSSIBLY AVS video editor but that would be the only possibility. It won't even let me open my old Photosuite files. I have made sure that everything is up to date with Photosuite 12. Not sure what else to do... other than give up on Photosuite and buy a new program like Photoshop but I REALLY LOVE Photosuite!

Edited by LauraEDK

I just tried removing it, restarting the computer, and still no luck. Sparatically it pops up "User Account Control" do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer? Program name: Photosuite 11 (which I thought it was 12 when you click on it). But even if I allow nothing happens still.

"User Account Control" is built into the Microsoft Operating System starting in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Sort that issue out and post back if you need help.

post-97-0-12317000-1362092928_thumb.jpg

cdanteek - I lowered the setting and now we've gone back to absolutely nothing happening when I click on Photosuite *sigh*

Reboot the PC, when it's back up and running turn all running programs off especially antivirus/firewall software.. Put the C2010 program installation disc in a DVD Drive and when the installer offers repair run it, when finished reboot the PC. Does it work now?

Edited by cdanteek

cdanteek -Just finished and although it went through the repair, still no change =(

You did it the way I explained doing it, shut programs off and rebooted?

Is it your only Roxio product installed?

If so, download the free revouninstaller here, http://www.revounins...e_download.html

Be careful with it it is a registry editor, I would export a copy of your registry before using it.

Run it in moderate mode and remove Roxio entries. Then re-install the software following this guide, http://corel.force.c...kA060000000L3eQ

Is it your only Roxio product installed?

If so, download the free revouninstaller here, http://www.revounins...e_download.html

Be careful with it it is a registry editor, I would export a copy of your registry before using it.

Run it in moderate mode and remove Roxio entries. Then re-install the software following this guide, http://corel.force.c...kA060000000L3eQ

What is a registry editor? I do not know how to export my registry... but yes, I believe this is my only product (Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010)

What is a registry editor? I do not know how to export my registry... but yes, I believe this is my only product (Roxio Creator Special Edition 2010)

You never answered my question!

You never answered my question!

Absolutely exactly as you said.

Before posting this online I also followed this guide (http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/000012552-Preparing-your-computer-for-installing-Roxio-products?retURL=%2Findex%2Farticles%2Fen_US%2FMaster_Article%2F000012654-Roxio-Knowledgebase-Transfer%3FretURL%3D%252Findex%252Fapex%252FKBLandingPageNew%26popup%3Dfalse%26lang%3Den_US%26articleId%3DkA060000000L3gF&popup=false&lang=en_US&articleId=kA060000000L3eQ) but will try again just incase I did something wrong. I will make sure everything I can update is updated again just in case.

The only thing I've had a problem with in the past which I don't know if it would effect Roxio is Adobe not always updated properly.

A registry editor can mess your computer up so it won't even boot up if you do something wrong.

If you don't have the PC skills to try this ask someone you know that does have the PC skills to help.

A registry editor can mess your computer up so it won't even boot up if you do something wrong.

If you don't have the PC skills to try this ask someone you know that does have the PC skills to help.

Thanks. I will give it a go following the website then will try again with the registry editor with my brother. If that fails I will just buy another program as it is a nearly new computer and I'd hate to damage it over a program preference. I have never liked Photoshop but may have to convert :s

Thanks. I will give it a go following the website then will try again with the registry editor with my brother. If that fails I will just buy another program as it is a nearly new computer and I'd hate to damage it over a program preference. I have never liked Photoshop but may have to convert :s

Are you running Windows 8 with your C2010 Special Edition?

Why I ask, C2010 isn't compatible with Windows 8 Operating System.

I'm running windows 7 on an Asus laptop bought only a few months ago. Use Firefox as my main browser and the most complex program is probably this one :P

Hello again! So this problem is still ongoing - I have avoided using this product for about a year but I do really like it and I need to edit a few things. Seems my support number and code I was given previously is in another language now so I have no idea what is being said. Hmmm... Any NEW helpful tips to cure this problem??? Preferably without computer abuse from cdanteek? I would prefer something more helpful??? Or perhaps a new program (not Roxio) that would be recommended that is similar but actually works?