muppboi

Re-Installed Windows, Now Can't Play Dvd

Question

I recently had to re-install Windows XP, and when everything was restored, I had no Cineplayer and no DVD decoder. I re-installed the Roxio Creator/MyDVD Combo LE disc that came with my computer, but there is no Cineplayer or DVd decoder. It came with my Dell computer when I purchased it, but now I can't get it back. Any suggestions?

Thanks...

1 answer to this question

I recently had to re-install Windows XP, and when everything was restored, I had no Cineplayer and no DVD decoder. I re-installed the Roxio Creator/MyDVD Combo LE disc that came with my computer, but there is no Cineplayer or DVd decoder. It came with my Dell computer when I purchased it, but now I can't get it back. Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Dell supplied it originally and they usually have the version on their web site to redownload. Did you look at Dell downloads on their site?

Put the disc back into your drive and explore it. Both should have a folder. Open the folder and you should be able to install it from there.

Let us know.

Edit : By the way, did you have your anti-virus active during the install? Most times that causes problems like this.

Edited by sknis