Sign in to follow this  
PhishPhan

Audio Editing Trimming Problem

Question

I just installed Easy CD and DVD Burning 10.3.104, and un-installed the previous version from 2 or 3 years ago. In creating an audio cd, I'm trying to edit a song in the trim/fade option of the quick sound editor. I don't seem to be able to remove a piece from the middle of the song. I know the previous version allowed me to do this. I don't think they'd remove this option, so does anyone know how to do this?

3 answers to this question

I don't seem to be able to remove a piece from the middle of the song. I know the previous version allowed me to do this.

Hello,

I just installed 10.3.104 on one system, and 9.0.554 [the previous version] on another.

In both versions, all I could do was trim chunks off the beginning or end of a song. Neither would let me remove a chunk from the middle of the song. The only way I could find to remove a chunk from the middle of a song was using the full Sound Editor module.

Both programs seem functionally identical, and the only difference I could see was a cosmetic one - they had slightly different names.

post-208-0-51116100-1363156421_thumb.jpg

However if you can tell me how you removed a chunk from the middle of a song in version 9 using the Quick Sound Editor, I'll be more than pleased to go and try the method in both versions for you.

Regards,

Brendon

OK, well I uninstalled the 'latest' version, then re-installed the previous version I had, and it looked exactly the same, even the version number. So I actually tried thinking a little more, and looking around at other programs I had, and realized that I probably (not completely sure, of course) used a different program, most likely Audacity to do this. Anyway, Brendon, thanks so much for the quick reply, and sorry for the bother.

Anyway, Brendon, thanks so much for the quick reply, and sorry for the bother.

Not a problem at all. I'm always prepared to pitch in for someone if I can help. :)

Brendon