Sign in to follow this  
SiLeNT_F1NISH

Invalid Format For Tv

Question

Hello,

I tried connecting my brand new fresh out of the box Roxio GameCap HD Pro Capture card, and my TV is just saying "Invalid format",

I know that this issue has probably been solved hundreds of times but I've looked everywhere and nothing is helping me out.

I am trying to connect it to my xbox with Cheetah HDMI High Speed w/ Ethernet Braided Cables. The xbox cable going into the input and the tv cable in the output, the HDMI light on the Roxio GameCap HD Pro is on, and I can see the picture on the pc screen when I am about to capture. But, it doesn't show on the TV screen, I tried plugging the HDMI cable directly from the console to the screen and it works fine. So, I know this is a issue with the Roxio Capture card. The invalid format is not green or red, and I've triple checked all the cables are plugged in the right slot.

Please help, I've been doing this for hours!

I have also tried changing the settings on xbox to 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1080i,and optimal resolution

Edited by SiLeNT_F1NISH

3 answers to this question

Keep your Xbox Resolution to what you normally use.

But you may have to manually change your TV to that HDMI port that you are using.

Also your TV must be HDCP compliant to see the signal.

Just for FYI ~ the Roxio Software must be installed correctly AND the RGC Device must be connected to the computer's USB for the power and driver to make the Pass Through work ;)

(it sounds like that is what you already have)

I would try a different Source then - a DVD or BD Player (anything with HDMI or Component Output) - plugged into the RGC Device then output to your TV.

Likewise if your PC Monitor can accept HDMI input, try it!