• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Supplexity Productions

Supplexity Productions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I bought the video capture USB device, brought it home, installed the correct drivers, then I plugged the device in. I plugged up the VCR to the device and puled up VLC and configured it correctly and it worked. It continued working for several days, then stopped. Now when I do the above, I only get sound but I do not get video. I have tried everything from trying new USB ports to uninstalling the drivers and programs and doing a fresh install, but even that doesn't work. I still get no video but I get sound. I have tried the device on other computers and they all work correctly. By this time I had already searched every inch of the Roxio website knowledge base, my problem exists nowhere on the internet that I have seen. Similar problems exist but they all have solutions that don't matter to my device. Although I have tried them. I have tried for days to get ahold of someone in tech support from Roxio, but each time I can't. I was wondering if it was the USB device, but it's not since it works on other computers. I wondered if it's my computer, which I don't know Windows 7 well enough to figure that out yet but it seems fine. All this proves that anything in the knowledge base won't fix my problem. If someone could help me with this, I'll provide any information you like to help you understand this problem. Thank you anyone who replies.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,853 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostSupplexity Productions, on 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

I bought the video capture USB device, brought it home, installed the correct drivers, then I plugged the device in. I plugged up the VCR to the device and puled up VLC and configured it correctly and it worked. It continued working for several days, then stopped. Now when I do the above, I only get sound but I do not get video. I have tried everything from trying new USB ports to uninstalling the drivers and programs and doing a fresh install, but even that doesn't work. I still get no video but I get sound. I have tried the device on other computers and they all work correctly. By this time I had already searched every inch of the Roxio website knowledge base, my problem exists nowhere on the internet that I have seen. Similar problems exist but they all have solutions that don't matter to my device. Although I have tried them. I have tried for days to get ahold of someone in tech support from Roxio, but each time I can't. I was wondering if it was the USB device, but it's not since it works on other computers. I wondered if it's my computer, which I don't know Windows 7 well enough to figure that out yet but it seems fine. All this proves that anything in the knowledge base won't fix my problem. If someone could help me with this, I'll provide any information you like to help you understand this problem. Thank you anyone who replies.

What does VLC have to do with? Are you not using the VHS2DVD3 software?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Supplexity Productions

Supplexity Productions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I got the device used off of a guy at the flea market. The CD doesn't allow me to use the product key to activate the software, so I cant even install it. So I'm using the USB capture device on VLC to stream the video. It worked for a while but then just quit out of nowhere. There's no reason it shouldn't work that I can see.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,865 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

OK...

So what drivers show up in your Devcie Manager when the USB Device is plugged in?

Attached File  Device Mgr - Win7 Both.jpg   135.74K   1 downloads

I am curious how you "installed the correct drivers"???
Posted Image

#5 Supplexity Productions

Supplexity Productions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

I have the ones on the left picture. I tried to run the CD, it didn't work. I went to the Roxio website and got a driver that said Windows 64x  as a link and it just worked like that. Simple enough. There's always drivers for devices and systems given free from the website if you have the device.http://i69.servimg.c.../29/roxio10.jpg

Edited by Supplexity Productions, 30 March 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,865 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Just needed to make sure, you would be supprised what people try to use :lol:

A Retail Store must 'activate' the product at the point of sale... It is something Roxio started doing recently and belongs on the Bad Idea Shelf :huh:

The hardware, even with drivers rarely works with any other software. You can try calling Roxio about Activation - while there is not a support number someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Also check you Messages here:

Attached File  IM 1.jpg   81.79K   1 downloads

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roxio, easy, vhs, to, dvd, plus, device, problem, usb, capture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users