neros987

Livestream At Twitch.tv

Question

Hello i am new to this forum and i have a question but the qustion is that when i bought the Roxio game capture Pro HD and i have the program when im using the program to LIVESTREAM and im playing a match when im in 2nd half the stream is still like in 25 min i will give u my info and if you would be able to tell me what settings to use i wopuld be so happy :)

http://gyazo.com/01576e8a1d23533e87982cec77977c9c <-------- Picture of my computer :)

If you would be able to tell me :

1. What setting should i use

2. Why is the stream delaying for like 5 min (i understand for 15 secs)

3. Can you capture and talk the same time ?!?!?!!?

Please answer me as quick as possible :) ,

Thank you

Edited by neros987

20 answers to this question

Hello i am new to this forum and i have a question but the qustion is that when i bought the Roxio game capture Pro HD and i have the program when im using the program to LIVESTREAM and im playing a match when im in 2nd half the stream is still like in 25 min i will give u my info and if you would be able to tell me what settings to use i wopuld be so happy :)

http://gyazo.com/d8428d69a7b17f56061c3a450f5f7871 <-------- Photo of my speed test

http://gyazo.com/a073c968d0919ca9fe35a54f582f6005 <-------- Photo of my computer :)

If you would be able to tell me :

1. What setting should i use

Please answer me as quick as possible :) ,

Thank you

2. That's how live streams usually work

3. Yes but you will need a microphone that is connected to your computer. Go to options and then the live stream tab and select the mic that you're using.

I cant answer question 1 since I'm nowhere near my computer right now.

3. Yes but you will need a microphone that is connected to your computer. Go to options and then the live stream tab and select the mic that you're using.

Do you really think a 5 minute delay is "normal"? :unsure:

Ye but i want to record for Youtube so its only for livestream isnt it ??

Ye but i want to record for Youtube so its only for livestream isnt it ??

So what happened when you made a test recording???

Nothing you just cant hear me just tell me why the !@#% is it delaying like 5 min when im live streaming !!!

How would we know why it is delaying on your system :blink: Looking at your system specs they seem to just barely meet the minimum requirements.

Have you done any maintenance on your system such as defragmenting your hard drive?

So what happened when you made a test recording???

Nothing you just cant hear me just tell me why the !@#% is it delaying like 5 min when im live streaming !!!

We are trying to help you but your "answer" makes no sense...

You asked about recording and I wanted to know what happened when you tried to record???

We are just users and don't work for Roxio ~ keep that in mind.

Ok sorry i didnt know i thought you were working for roxio and i want to know what setting should i use to mae the roxio livestream not laggy !

Ok sorry i didnt know i thought you were working for roxio and i want to know what setting should i use to mae the roxio livestream not laggy !

Nobody here works for Roxio. Did you read post #10?

Invite a friend over and review everything with them ~ it takes advantage of the old two head better, adage ;)

but any of my friends dont have roxio !

I guess he was implying that you should get a friend to see your streams and discuss on what's going on from there.

@myguggi, I highly doubt a 5 min delay as said by OP, but it's normal for a delay in streams due to the fact that the servers at Twitch will have to process live footage and make it available for viewing so the further the server, the more delay it gets

Back on topic, set your format to 360p or 240p and see how it goes from there. Delay is a part of streaming in general so keep that in mind.

Edited by MrDerpski

I had the same problem with a very long delay because I was running too many programs at once... I reinstalled everything after I closed out all other running aps via the task manager of windows.. I now am streaming less then a minute back more like 10 seconds really however the higher the quality the longer out it becomes.. and the more it seems to freeze..

I have found streaming in really high quality to be almost an instant freeze...

If it still doesnt work right run multiple speed tests you may have a bad drop line from your provider and it simply is glitching due to bandwidth loss here n there... if so you just call em and they will come out and they are a pain about it but demand em to climb the pole and replace your drop....

If that doesnt work try reinstalling your graphics driver while checking for an update

if all that doesnt work...

have roxio replace your device its just as likely their hardware as it would be yours at that point... if you can stream your web cam perfectly you should be able to stream fine.. so It is probably the device...

If you want no delay I figured out a way around it all FINALLY!!! YAY!!

so for those who want to know give me a thumbs up !

Try using Camtasia then streaming the preview in the roxio software itself if all else fails that will be instant stream... you can actually capture it for your editing while streaming this way and use live AUDIO via a microphone plugged into your pc.

(you can just select the area of the preview box and stream that I have been finding ways to work around the roxio problem for streaming since day one... I have found that streaming through another program finally got me instant high quality stream at 1080 without freezing by just not using the stream function roxio has due to it having limited features)

I know I know I know... I am not promoting for camtasia I really dont even like the program I just hate LAAGGGGG grrrr I eat LAG for BREAKFAST!!! hope that helps my man

*tips his cap*

zeropopular

(i'm not a guru or a genius, I just think outside the box)

Edited by zeropopular