• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mark Sealey

CD Spin Doctor Upgrade

Question

Roxann wasn't able to help; I never get any other answer from Roxio, so am posting here:

I have version 3.1t of CD Spin Doctor.

I learnt the other day that an upgrade is out.

Yet it appears (hard to tell) that there is a price for this.

Since it's the same version # and looks as though it's only b/c it's a Universal version - is Roxio really expecting $39.99 for this?

If I've misunderstood, where is the link to download the upgrade?

Thanks!

Edited by Mark Sealey

8 answers to this question

While you wait for a Roxio reply, I'll just pass along that version 3.1t is a Universal version as well. From what I can tell the only thing that has happened is Roxio decided to offer CD Spin Doctor 3.1 as a standalone purchase whereas it previously was only available in the Toast bundle (that's probably what the "t" is for in the version description). This might interest Toast 6 users who want to upgrade their copy of Spin Doctor but are running 10.3.9 instead of 10.4.x, or someone who isn't interested in buying Toast (silly of them, I know). I look forward to your official reply to learn if I'm off base here.

tsantee,

Thanks for that: I believe you're spot on in every respect.

I'm still PPC but would like somehow to get a word from Roxio on their policy.

I'm happy to pay for stanadlone if that'll mean future versions are nominally-priced etc.

Roxio - is there anybody there......?

While you wait for a Roxio reply, I'll just pass along that version 3.1t is a Universal version as well. From what I can tell the only thing that has happened is Roxio decided to offer CD Spin Doctor 3.1 as a standalone purchase whereas it previously was only available in the Toast bundle (that's probably what the "t" is for in the version description). This might interest Toast 6 users who want to upgrade their copy of Spin Doctor but are running 10.3.9 instead of 10.4.x, or someone who isn't interested in buying Toast (silly of them, I know). I look forward to your official reply to learn if I'm off base here.

You act like getting an answer is impossible. We reply, but generally not at night, and usually there is no reason to reply if someone else answers the question. Tsantee is right, we just released a separate version from Toast. There is no difference.

Thank you, frenchtoastwithjam,

With the greatest of respect, I found Roxann impenetrable for this query (why do I have to pay for an upgrade that doesn't appear to offer anything new? What's the policy?) so submitted ticket # 237137 which has gone unanswered since 08/26.

Maybe I misunderstand how that system works?

I truly don't wish to be hostile: what is the preferred method for getting answers to such questions?

My questions again: why pay for a separate version? Where is the download file for this update?

Happy to do so if it'll get (me) on the path to future (separate/standalone) version updates. Will it?

TIA :-)

You act like getting an answer is impossible. We reply, but generally not at night, and usually there is no reason to reply if someone else answers the question. Tsantee is right, we just released a separate version from Toast. There is no difference.

My questions again: why pay for a separate version? Where is the download file for this update?

Happy to do so if it'll get (me) on the path to future (separate/standalone) version updates. Will it?

You wrote that you have version 3.1t. That's the current version so there is no update for you to download. Roxio put the 3.1t Spin Doctor update in the Toast 7.1 update bundle. I can't think of a reason for you to buy the standalone version unless you are getting a copy for someone else to use.

Maybe the confusion arises from the fact that this page suggests there is actually a new version out. VersionTracker indeed says there is. I assumed that intelligence had come from Roxio. My apols.

Thanks for your help.

You wrote that you have version 3.1t. That's the current version so there is no update for you to download. Roxio put the 3.1t Spin Doctor update in the Toast 7.1 update bundle. I can't think of a reason for you to buy the standalone version unless you are getting a copy for someone else to use.

Does the new Universal version of CD Spin Doctor work properly? I bought the new, upgraded Toast 7.1 with the CD Spin Doctor upgrade, so that it would run properly on my new MacBook Pro, but whenever I try to run it I find it consistently fails to record/remember changes (such as track begins/ends and track names? What's up? Do you have a patch I can run to make it work properly? Please reply - I've been trying to get this uestion resolved for two months! Thank you.