10 replies to this topic

#1 Grampa Dave

Grampa Dave

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add sound to an individual picture within a slideshow, and if so how is this accomplished.

Thanks
Grampadave
Grampadave

#2 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:59 AM

That can be done in Videowave. There is an Icon for entering a "NARRATION" on any particular photo slide you have. In the Storyline view, right click on a particular photo and when the drop down menu comes up click on "ADD NARRATION". When that screen comes up, make sure you have the "Input Box" that says Microphone. Have a mic placed in the "Mic" port on your sound card and hit the "Start Recording button box. It will give you a few seconds of count down before it actually starts recording, so take that into consideration. When you are finished recording what ever you want click on the "Done" Button.

At that point, you will have an option to save it to a folder of your choice or if you don't give it a particular one, it will save it to "My Music" folder (I think).

A couple of things to remember is to go to the "Timeline" view and click on the little +/- Icon at the very end of the production editor and make sure that then "Narration" box is checked. Also, make sure that you don't have your mic setting to mute (Click on the speaker Icon on the task bar and make sure the mic is not muted. If the Mic selection is not there, click on "Options" in the top menu and then click on "Properties" to add it to the list of selections.

You might have to adjust the volume of the mic to get what you want but that should be no problem.

Hope that helps.

Frank....
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#3 Patty

Patty

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,625 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

View Postgrampa_dave, on Aug 30 2006, 07:46 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add sound to an individual picture within a slideshow, and if so how is this accomplished.

Thanks
Grampadave

When you say add sound, are you talking about narration as Frank has talked about, or are you talking about music(audio)? If you are talking about music or sound effects you can switch to timeline, double click on the picture you want to add the audio to and it will take you to the internal tracks. Anything you add here will be added to this one picture only. Then you click on the green arrow above the tracks and it will take you back to the external tracks. In this view you will not see what you just added unless you go back to the internal tracks. Just thought I would mention this because the way you posted I wasn't really sure you were talking about narration. Hopefully Frank and I have fully covered both areas. :)  :huh:  I just went back and read you subject and see that you mention voice, so Frank is right, however, the above information might help to put the voice on a single photo.

Edited by Patty, 30 August 2006 - 09:01 AM.

Patty

V6, V7v7.5, V8 , v9 ,
Dell Dimension XPS4, Windows XP Prof
PROCESSOR,80547,Pentium 4 Prescott DT,Pentium4 Prescott DT.3.4GHZ.1 MEGB, 800FSB
DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 1G, 533M, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8 (4G total Memory)

DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 17G, 16X, I, 5.25" FORM FACTOR, LITEON, CHASSIS 2001, V5
ASSEMBLY, DVD+/-RW, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, NEC 3450 CARD (CIRCUIT), MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, 1394,
CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 256, GEFORCE, 6800, HMGA11
FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, 3.5" FORM FACTOR, 3MD, NO BEZEL, SAMSUNG, CHASSIS 2001
HARD DRIVE, 250GB, Serial ATA, 8MB, WD-XL80-2
HARD DRIVE, 74GB, 8MEGB, 10K, Serial ATA, WD-EXPN
NORTON INTERNET SECURITY, WXPPSP3

Dell Vostro 2510 Laptop
Vista Ultimate- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5670 (1.8GHz, 2MB  L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)    Vostro  25108X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability, 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at  667MHz, 2 DIMM    Memory 250GB2 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free  Fall Sensor,    Hard  Drives 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M  GS,
    Video  Board High Definition Audio 2.0    Sound  CardIntegrated 1.3 mega pixel Web Camera and Digital Microphone
Roxio V9.1, 2009, 2010 Pro

XPS 9100..........Windows 7 Ultimate 64..525W, EXTREME PERFORMANCE SYSTEM..., 9100, Assembly, Heatsink, Fan, Mini Tower, KIT...,Processor, I7-920, 2.66, 8MB, Bloomfield, D0, Speaker, 120V, BOSE2, Dell AMERICASORGANIZATION, Card, Wireless, Network, DW1525, Full Height, TUNER..., Television..., TVT9, PLACEMAT..., CARD(CIRCUIT)..., TVT9, NATIONAL TELEVISION SYSTEMS COMMUNICATIONS..., ATSC, Hard Drive, 1.5TB, S2, 7.2K BRINKS-XLOB, HARD DRIVE..., 1TB, S2, 7.2K, WESTERN DIGITAL..., XL500, Kit, Card, Network, Documentation, Antenna, Screw, Assembly, 6-Dual In-line Memory Module, 2G 1333, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8, Assembly, Blu-Ray Rewritable, 8X, Half Height, Plds, Card, Graphics, Advanced Micro Devices, 1G, 5670, M206, Assembly, Dvd+/-Rw, 16X, Half Height, BARE, HitachiLg Data Storage, Kit, Software, Roxio, 10.3, Premium, Blu-Ray Disk Playback, Kit, Mouse/keyboard Combo Wireless, AMF, Abnt2
Roxio 2011 Pro

#4 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:42 AM

Thanks Patty for going over that part of audio with the OP. I hadn't thought of it and just thought like you said that "Voice" was mentioned so I just figured it was a narration that was needed. Anyway. like you said, that should cover pretty much all of what the OP needed. If we both were wrong, I hope the OP will come back and let us know anything different and if we were right, come back and let us know how everything turned out :)

Have a great weekend Patty--And your Mariners finally got a win huh ? Beating up on our poor Angeles :huh:

Frank...
REDWAGON

#5 Grampa Dave

Grampa Dave

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

View PostREDWAGON, on Aug 30 2006, 03:59 PM, said:

That can be done in Videowave. There is an Icon for entering a "NARRATION" on any particular photo slide you have. In the Storyline view, right click on a particular photo and when the drop down menu comes up click on "ADD NARRATION". When that screen comes up, make sure you have the "Input Box" that says Microphone. Have a mic placed in the "Mic" port on your sound card and hit the "Start Recording button box. It will give you a few seconds of count down before it actually starts recording, so take that into consideration. When you are finished recording what ever you want click on the "Done" Button.

At that point, you will have an option to save it to a folder of your choice or if you don't give it a particular one, it will save it to "My Music" folder (I think).

A couple of things to remember is to go to the "Timeline" view and click on the little +/- Icon at the very end of the production editor and make sure that then "Narration" box is checked. Also, make sure that you don't have your mic setting to mute (Click on the speaker Icon on the task bar and make sure the mic is not muted. If the Mic selection is not there, click on "Options" in the top menu and then click on "Properties" to add it to the list of selections.

You might have to adjust the volume of the mic to get what you want but that should be no problem.

Hope that helps.

Frank....

Thanks Frank that was exactly what I wanted. However I was hoping that at the point in the slideshow that I inserted the narration the original background audio could not be heard over the narration. If there is a way to break the background audio for the time frame that the narration is running I would be most indebted to you or to anyone that could help me out.

Thanks Again
Grampadave
Grampadave

#6 Grampa Dave

Grampa Dave

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:57 AM

View PostPatty, on Aug 30 2006, 04:58 PM, said:

When you say add sound, are you talking about narration as Frank has talked about, or are you talking about music(audio)? If you are talking about music or sound effects you can switch to timeline, double click on the picture you want to add the audio to and it will take you to the internal tracks. Anything you add here will be added to this one picture only. Then you click on the green arrow above the tracks and it will take you back to the external tracks. In this view you will not see what you just added unless you go back to the internal tracks. Just thought I would mention this because the way you posted I wasn't really sure you were talking about narration. Hopefully Frank and I have fully covered both areas. :)  :huh:  I just went back and read you subject and see that you mention voice, so Frank is right, however, the above information might help to put the voice on a single photo.

Thanks Patty this helps me as well. I do have one question that maybe you could answer. Every picture that I edit in Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 2006 and save as a .jpg can not be inserted into DVD Builder. The error that I get is unrecognizable format. However if I use EMC Photosuite and bring all of my Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 2006 edited photos into Multi Photo Enhance and then convert all to a .jpg and save they will then be ok to insert into DVD Builder. This does not happen using Nero 7

Hope You Can Help?
Thanks Grampadave
Grampadave

#7 Patty

Patty

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,625 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

View PostREDWAGON, on Aug 30 2006, 10:42 AM, said:

Thanks Patty for going over that part of audio with the OP. I hadn't thought of it and just thought like you said that "Voice" was mentioned so I just figured it was a narration that was needed. Anyway. like you said, that should cover pretty much all of what the OP needed. If we both were wrong, I hope the OP will come back and let us know anything different and if we were right, come back and let us know how everything turned out :huh:

Have a great weekend Patty--And your Mariners finally got a win huh ? Beating up on our poor Angeles :D

Frank...

They also beat up on the Yankees and Red Sox. I was there for the second Red Sox game, it was a nail biter. :D

View Postgrampa_dave, on Aug 30 2006, 11:57 AM, said:

Thanks Patty this helps me as well. I do have one question that maybe you could answer. Every picture that I edit in Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 2006 and save as a .jpg can not be inserted into DVD Builder. The error that I get is unrecognizable format. However if I use EMC Photosuite and bring all of my Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 2006 edited photos into Multi Photo Enhance and then convert all to a .jpg and save they will then be ok to insert into DVD Builder. This does not happen using Nero 7

Hope You Can Help?
Thanks Grampadave

There seems to be a problem with Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite, I am not sure why, however, many have commented on that. I will try and find out an answer for you. You asked about background music, you can edit the music and lower the volume in the area that the narration section is. You would do that in timeline, click on the icon with the green ball with two sticks coming out of it,  Then you can click on the music track where you want to lower the volume and drag it down, click where you want it to go up again and drag it up. Click on the green ball icon again.  Play it from the point the volume goes down and see if the music is now muted. Let me know if this works for you or if you have a problem. :)
Patty

V6, V7v7.5, V8 , v9 ,
PROCESSOR,80547,Pentium 4 Prescott DT,Pentium4 Prescott DT.3.4GHZ.1 MEGB, 800FSB

DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 17G, 16X, I, 5.25" FORM FACTOR, LITEON, CHASSIS 2001, V5
ASSEMBLY, DVD+/-RW, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, NEC 3450 CARD (CIRCUIT), MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, 1394,

Dell Vostro 2510 Laptop
Vista Ultimate- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5670 (1.8GHz, 2MB  L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)    Vostro  25108X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability, 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at  667MHz, 2 DIMM    Memory 250GB2 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free  Fall Sensor,    Hard  Drives 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M  GS,
    Video  Board High Definition Audio 2.0    Sound  CardIntegrated 1.3 mega pixel Web Camera and Digital Microphone

XPS 9100..........Windows 7 Ultimate 64..525W, EXTREME PERFORMANCE SYSTEM..., 9100, Assembly, Heatsink, Fan, Mini Tower, KIT...,Processor, I7-920, 2.66, 8MB, Bloomfield, D0, Speaker, 120V, BOSE2, Dell AMERICASORGANIZATION, Card, Wireless, Network, DW1525, Full Height, TUNER..., Television..., TVT9, PLACEMAT..., CARD(CIRCUIT)..., TVT9, NATIONAL TELEVISION SYSTEMS COMMUNICATIONS..., ATSC, Hard Drive, 1.5TB, S2, 7.2K BRINKS-XLOB, HARD DRIVE..., 1TB, S2, 7.2K, WESTERN DIGITAL..., XL500, Kit, Card, Network, Documentation, Antenna, Screw, Assembly, 6-Dual In-line Memory Module, 2G 1333, 128X64, 8, 240, 2RX8, Assembly, Blu-Ray Rewritable, 8X, Half Height, Plds, Card, Graphics, Advanced Micro Devices, 1G, 5670, M206, Assembly, Dvd+/-Rw, 16X, Half Height, BARE, HitachiLg Data Storage, Kit, Software, Roxio, 10.3, Premium, Blu-Ray Disk Playback, Kit, Mouse/keyboard Combo Wireless, AMF, Abnt2
Roxio 2011 Pro

#8 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:54 PM

I'm not really an Angle fan Patty, so I did enjoy seeing the Mariners beat up on them. Going to see the Dodgers game Friday. Wish us luck :)

The muting of background music during the duration that a narration is playing is right on Patty. I have used that option a few times and it works great. The only thing about it is knowing (after you click on the background music track) where to place your cursor to start pulling down the audio. Then after you have done that at the beginning of the narration audio, you have to place your cursor on the spot where you wnat to raise it up again, as when you do the first drop to the first zero audio let's say, the remainder of the background audio will show a line that is increasing in volume all the way to the end of that audio. Hard to see that until you actually do it.

Anyway Grandpa Dave, you have the right answer, now you will just have to play with it in those other areas where you have naother narration, assuming you do.
REDWAGON

#9 Grampa Dave

Grampa Dave

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:17 PM

View PostREDWAGON, on Aug 30 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

I'm not really an Angle fan Patty, so I did enjoy seeing the Mariners beat up on them. Going to see the Dodgers game Friday. Wish us luck :)

The muting of background music during the duration that a narration is playing is right on Patty. I have used that option a few times and it works great. The only thing about it is knowing (after you click on the background music track) where to place your cursor to start pulling down the audio. Then after you have done that at the beginning of the narration audio, you have to place your cursor on the spot where you wnat to raise it up again, as when you do the first drop to the first zero audio let's say, the remainder of the background audio will show a line that is increasing in volume all the way to the end of that audio. Hard to see that until you actually do it.

Anyway Grandpa Dave, you have the right answer, now you will just have to play with it in those other areas where you have naother narration, assuming you do.

Thanks to you both Patty & Frank it is nice to be able to get hep from folks that really works

Thanks Again
Gramp Dave

:D

View PostPatty, on Aug 30 2006, 09:21 PM, said:

They also beat up on the Yankees and Red Sox. I was there for the second Red Sox game, it was a nail biter. :D

There seems to be a problem with Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite, I am not sure why, however, many have commented on that. I will try and find out an answer for you. You asked about background music, you can edit the music and lower the volume in the area that the narration section is. You would do that in timeline, click on the icon with the green ball with two sticks coming out of it,  Then you can click on the music track where you want to lower the volume and drag it down, click where you want it to go up again and drag it up. Click on the green ball icon again.  Play it from the point the volume goes down and see if the music is now muted. Let me know if this works for you or if you have a problem. :huh:

Thanks Patty I gave it a try and it all works just fine. I do have to play with it a little as Franks says but works oj. Look forward to hearing from you Patty on the Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite problem. It sure would be nice to be able to work direct between the two without an extra step in the middle.

Thanks Again
Grampa Dave
Grampadave

#10 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,749 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:56 PM

You're very welcome Grandpa Dave. Keep coming back and enjoying Roxio's forum. That's how I learned a whole heap of stuff myself and good luck with all your DVD's

Frank...
REDWAGON

#11 Patty

Patty

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,625 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

View PostGrampa Dave, on Aug 30 2006, 04:17 PM, said:

Thanks to you both Patty & Frank it is nice to be able to get hep from folks that really works

Thanks Again
Gramp Dave

:huh:

Thanks Patty I gave it a try and it all works just fine. I do have to play with it a little as Franks says but works oj. Look forward to hearing from you Patty on the Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite problem. It sure would be nice to be able to work direct between the two without an extra step in the middle.

Thanks Again

Grampa Dave

Grampa Dave,

Checked with others and here is one suggestion.............

"I have gotten around the problem in one of two ways, either saved the picture as a png file in MDI or open Photosuite and then save the picture as a jpeg using a different name."

So if your having to edit the photo, save it as .png instead of .jpeg and see if that doesn't work. I will still try to report it and see what I can find out from Roxio.

Here is another comment ...............

I do not understand this entirely, but some editing functions in Microsoft Digital imaging Suite, (and Picture It) add something called EXIF data (I think that is what it is called) to the file. Videowave apparently does not like that data and will not accept the file. I use MDI and have had that happen on occasion, but not often. I have not been able to figure out which of the editing functions causes a problem, but most of them do not for me because I have very few of the pictures not accepted. I have gotten around the problem in one of two ways, either saved the picture as a png file in MDI or open Photosuite and then save the picture as a jpeg using a different name.

I hope this helps............. :)

Edited by Patty, 30 August 2006 - 05:30 PM.

Patty

V6, V7v7.5, V8 , v9 ,

Dell Vostro 2510 Laptop

Roxio 2011 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users