Sign in to follow this  
xCJPECKOVERx

Need Help Displaying To Tv

Question

Hi Everybody, I just received my Roxio Game Capture Pro today(Three weeks since ordering..) And I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed thus far.

I set up the Game Cap buy installing the software, plugging in the device, then connecting my xbox, and my display to the device.

So upon starting up my xbox, the picture and sound DOES show up in the Game Cap software, however nothing shows up on my tv(monitor). The monitor just stays blank.

The monitor seems to know that a device is connected to it, however it just goes into standby after a few seconds. And then when I plug the xbox directly into the monitor, everything's fine.

So I'm getting a feeling that the pass-through feature does not work on my device.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated,

CJ.

8 answers to this question

Ok. Well it's an Acer G235HL, and it didn't list whether it is HDCP compliant or not in it's specs. But most sites with all the compliant monitors listed DIDN'T list the one that I have.

And also the fact that the monitor doesn't have HDMI, just DVI, and I'm just using an adapter.

Thanks for your help,

Time to go monitor hunting.

CJ.

An HDMI/DVI-D adapter???

Now that is a different story!

Those things seem to be hit or miss. I bought one and it worked but MANY others have trouble with them!

You really need to hook it up to something that can accept HDMI, even if you have to drag things about ;)

Ya, the one I have came with an Nvidia GPU. I might have another adapter I can try, but I'm doubting it would work. Haha, and I can't really drag things around, because the only other HDMI tv available to move is my brothers :P And I can't move that, and I can't really move my desktop either haha. Found a few good looking monitors on Kijiji(Canadian local ebay ;p ) So hopefully I can get a new monitor soon(ish).

Never would have thought it would be so hard :lol::D:lol:

If at all possible, try to arrange you purchase so that it can be returned if it doesn't work???

I have the exact same problem as the topics creator ( set up is correct, picture on the capture window and there is a picture when it is directly connected to the T.V) however I have attempted to set it up on a computer monitor, a T.V and my overhead projector AND STILL DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE HELP :(

I have the exact same problem as the topics creator ( set up is correct, picture on the capture window and there is a picture when it is directly connected to the T.V) however I have attempted to set it up on a computer monitor, a T.V and my overhead projector AND STILL DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE HELP :(

His was resolved - did you read all the posts???