tbrewst

Screen Refresh

Question

Anyone know if there is a way to get the forum index to automatically refresh so one can see if there have been any new posts made?In the old forums there was a setting to give the amount of time it took between refreshes.

9 answers to this question

Anyone know if there is a way to get the forum index to automatically refresh so one can see if there have been any new posts made?In the old forums there was a setting to give the amount of time it took between refreshes.

I haven't even looked to see if that's possible here as I just right click and choose 'reload'. Also, going from one board to the next will automatically refresh.

Thanks guys.I'm just kinda lazy and was hoping it would do it automatically so I could see it from the couch without having to get up and push a button...LMAO

Guest mlpasley
Thanks guys.I'm just kinda lazy and was hoping it would do it automatically so I could see it from the couch without having to get up and push a button...LMAO

Well, if you have that mouse in your icon trained, maybe he could push the button. :)

Now THAT"S funny :) .Wish I had thought of that.He looks pretty lazy too though.

Edited by tbrewst

Now THAT"S funny :) .Wish I had thought of that.He looks pretty lazy too though.

If you use Opera as your browser, right-click on the page, then select "Reload every->" and select your time. Usually if you post something though, you have to re-enable the refresh.

Guest mlpasley
If you use Opera as your browser, right-click on the page, then select "Reload every->" and select your time. Usually if you post something though, you have to re-enable the refresh.

You missed the point. :)

He doesn't want to have to right click on his mouse. He wants the pages to refresh automatically which apparently was an option on the old boards.

You missed the point. :)

He doesn't want to have to right click on his mouse. He wants the pages to refresh automatically which apparently was an option on the old boards.

Yes, the old boards, when you were on either the top level, or looking at a single topic (but not a single post) refreshed by themselves. With Opera, you can tell it to keep refreshing every so many minutes so you only have to right-click and enable auto-refresh once. But, yes, it's an extra step.

No biggie guys.Guess I'll just have to get up off my lazy butt and do it myself...LMAO.Thanks for the tips.