2 replies to this topic

#1 bakravitz

bakravitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:56 AM

I recently made a compilation music cd.  I used a music cdr (in fact i have blown through almost a dozen!) allthe wave files appear as cda files and wont play on my car cd player

please help

#2 Beerman

Beerman

Digital Beer Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -7,085 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:10 AM

View Postbakravitz, on Aug 30 2006, 12:56 PM, said:

I recently made a compilation music cd.  I used a music cdr (in fact i have blown through almost a dozen!) allthe wave files appear as cda files and wont play on my car cd player

please help
If you're burning an mp3 or data cd, most likely your car player will not play it.  You need to be sure you're making an audio cd.
Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

#3 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,135 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:23 AM

A .cda file contains no music.They are just pointers to a place on the disc where the actual files reside.They are a format that is needed by audio cd players (car,home) to find the files they need to play.Usually if you look at them in explorer you will see a size of 1kb.So,if you made an Audio cd then you should have .cda files,if you don't they won't play.

If you used Music Disc Creator then you should choose Audio Cd for the project,click on add tracks or Import from CD/DVD and the tracks will be added.If they were .mp3 or .wma files they will be converted to a .wav file to be burnt to the cd.

If you have a disc that has .cda files it should play on your car stereo.That is unless you took a cd,tried to copy the .cda files to your hard drive,then tried to make a cd from them.You'd end up with a disc with pointers but no music.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case