3 replies to this topic

#1 BJEvS

BJEvS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hi,

First time user so must get use to how to be part of this community.

I have an older copy of Easy VHS to DVD. The Roxio Video Capture USB does not seem yo be compatible with the USB inputs on my HP ProBook 4530s. As I recall from 2 years ago, the Dell tower USB connection worked fine. All I do is transfer old cassette tapes to a CD. The ROXIO input USB device looks like it has a need for a four-pin receptacle connection (has four holes; and this stops the ROXIO Video Capture USB from connecting).  The ProBook female USB inputs all look like a "slide-in" type connection, with the contacts flat on the bottom?!

The info on the ROXIO Video Capture USB (which I presume must be used for the RCA cables from the cassette tape deck output ports, to connect to the ProBook) is:

UB315-E ver3 with a UPC code of 1909C007965

Thanks for any feeedback

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,787 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostBJEvS, on 10 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hi,

First time user so must get use to how to be part of this community.

I have an older copy of Easy VHS to DVD. The Roxio Video Capture USB does not seem yo be compatible with the USB inputs on my HP ProBook 4530s. As I recall from 2 years ago, the Dell tower USB connection worked fine. All I do is transfer old cassette tapes to a CD. The ROXIO input USB device looks like it has a need for a four-pin receptacle connection (has four holes; and this stops the ROXIO Video Capture USB from connecting).  The ProBook female USB inputs all look like a "slide-in" type connection, with the contacts flat on the bottom?!

The info on the ROXIO Video Capture USB (which I presume must be used for the RCA cables from the cassette tape deck output ports, to connect to the ProBook) is:

UB315-E ver3 with a UPC code of 1909C007965

Thanks for any feeedback

I don't know what you are describing in this statement: "The ROXIO input USB device looks like it has a need for a four-pin receptacle connection (has four holes; and this stops the ROXIO Video Capture USB from connecting)". The Roxio Capture device has a standard USB connector which will fit any USB port on any computer.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,573 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

If you do a search for USB you will see that there are only a couple of choices!

They also have a unique symbol.

DON'T just push things in to see if they fit or you can fry something :huh:

I don't have time right not to find any pictures.

You do have the first (older) version of the USB Device as the new one requires you to break into it to read those labels :lol:
Posted Image

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,513 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Might you be trying to use a Firewire port (more)?   That has 4 pins and is tapered to a point at one end.  Your new computer may have USB 3 ports (faster than USB 2) but the USB connector should just slide in.

Edited by sknis, 10 May 2013 - 03:06 PM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USB, HP ProBook 4530s connection

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users