Cloudster

Tivo Transfer Sees No Programs On My Tivo

Question

I've been using it on my MacPro for a while now with success, I basically leave it running all the time so I don't have to sit down and transfer things. Yesterday I noticed that when I clicked on my DVR, the program showed no content on the unit.

I've rebooted the Tivo, rebooted my wireless router and have no problem pinging my Tivo. I'm running OS-X 10.8.3 fully updated, Toast 11 fully updated.

Suggestions?

3 answers to this question

I haven't encountered this so I don't know what could be the cause. You say TiVo Transfer was working but now it doesn't show what's on the TiVo. The steps you've taken make sense. When I launched TiVo Transfer it updated a plist file called "com.tivo.desktop.plist" in my User>Library>Preferences folder. I suggest quitting TiVo Transfer and then trashing that plist file and relaunching the app. You access your user library by holding down the option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder.

Here's the joy: it's now working. It now sees every program on my Tivo and has resumed transferring stuff that I've set up auto transfers for.

So I guess I'll just hope for the best. I will remember your plist suggestion if it happens again.

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

I began having the same problem on my tivo and Mac June 5th. I have not been able to resolve the problem