muscleman9

How Do I Update My Photosuite 8?

I clicked "Help / Check for Updates" in Photosuite 8. Said my product wasn't registered. Found CD Key on original disk and registered it. Waited a while and tried same Check for Updates. Continues to say product not registered.

I can't even find PhotoSuite referred to by name in any of the categories -- Roxio or Corel. Searches in Knowledgebase don't even bring up anyting about Photosuite.

What's going on?

That is an obsolete stand alone program and there will never be an update. Time to look at other photo editing programs. Corel has one Unless you upgrade your operating system, what issues are you having with PS8?

Edited by sknis

That is an obsolete stand alone program and there will never be an update. Time to look at other photo editing programs. Corel has one Unless you upgrade your operating system, what issues are you having with PS8?

This is what drives me, and other users, I'm sure, crazy. Roxio brags about what a fantastic, wonderful, great, useful product PhotoSuite is, that it is the best photo-editing software ever, blah blah blah. So you (I) buy it, use it for a few years, extensively, so that I know every single function inside and out, can do everything I want with my photos quickly and easily, but when I want an update, I find out that Roxio has totally abandoned it. Why should anyone ever believe anything any software company says about their products?

The problem is that it is running incredibly slowly. It can take minutes -- literally minutes -- for a simple function like crop to work. I guess I will try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to buy Creator 2012 to get a similar photo-editing program.

I was upset too when I found I could no longer use the software because of no updates from the company that abandoned it. I read on another forum hear about PhotoSuite 4 (what I still use on my very old XP machine, but can't on windows 8), but then some idiot on the forum got all upset because people were talking about a software that is 13 years old. Don't understand than when Photoshop is over 20 years old! Some of us want answers and people need to show a little patience or keep their comments to themselves. Hope you get the software to work muscleman9

but then some idiot on the forum got all upset because people were talking about a software that is 13 years old. Don't understand than when Photoshop is over 20 years old! Some of us want answers and people need to show a little patience or keep their comments to themselves.

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

?