legoland12342

Recording Footage From Older Consoles

Question

Hi there everyone, I'm wondering about which Roxio Game Capture device would be better for my situation. Myself and a few of my friends are looking to record footage of a number of older game consoles, such as the Genesis, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and PS2. I'm already fairly certain that either device would work well with recording Wii footage, but I was wondering if either device have problems with any of the aforementioned consoles.

6 answers to this question

It's going to depend on the output of the devices. If you need to capture a composite video signal (single yellow RCA jack with a red & white audio jack) then you won't be able to use the HD Capture device, which requires either a Component (R/G/B cable) or HDMI signal.

Hope that helps!

One of the aforementioned friends here. So it should work as long as we have a way to get the signal as component out? So if we have a way to get it on the TV as a component signal, it should work with the Roxio Game Capture?

Correct, if you can get a component (three cable video, R/G/B connectors) signal, then the HD Game Capture devices should work. Looking at your list of game consoles, it appears only the PS2 and GameCube support a component video signal.

Yeah, we bought another HD PVR that doesn't work for any format below 720i, but has composite and S-video in. So we can run it blank through that one to get component out. It has issues when trying to record 480i input, but if we're not running it to the computer and capture software, it comes up on the TV perfectly. So we figure we can not let it go to waste and use it as an expensive component box.

You can use the AV2HDMI device:

mini_rca_hdmi_4-600x600.jpg

SNES on Roxio Game Capture HD Pro using AV2HDMI:

Edited by Kbr

Kbr, none of the folks with questions have been back since May 2013. Why are you dragging up a long dead thread.?