Pluizebol

Recordnow Music Lab Slows Down Windows 7

Question

Hi, I have installed RoxioRecordNowPremier_HX29BXD0RNP and now my Windows 7 became very slow : others software on my machine needs up to 20 seconds to start, and my whole machine became a lot less responsive. The problem is solved when I uninstall Roxio. Is there a reason/solution for this problem ?

Edited by Pluizebol

7 answers to this question

Hello,

The "_HX29BXD0RNP" part of the name of your software would mean a lot to the proper Roxio employee, but this is a User bulletin board and it doesn't mean much to us users.

Is your software Roxio RecordNow Music Lab 10 Premier purchased from Roxio after January 2012 and showing the Windows 7 Compatible logo?

post-208-0-77369900-1369948563_thumb.jpg

If it doesn't match all those criteria, it isn't compatible with Windows 7 I'm afraid. Here's the Roxio compatibility list if you want to check it. http://corel.force.c...kA060000000L3e6

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Pluizebol.

I was waiting for your reply, and thought you might have given up. Glad you found a good solution.

It looks like the software was busy cataloging your whole system, and not giving any other applications much time to do their own thing. I usually disable the media management too.

Brendon

Hi

There is one other thing with the software that I don't like very much:

Every time I use it (e.g. making a music DVD), it changes my auto-play settings in Windows 7.

Is there anything that I can do to stop this behaviour ?

Thanks for your help.

What does it do to your Autoplay settings in Windows 7?

I have mine installed in XP, and Autoplay is disabled by one of the XP security updates [to stop autorun from any infected disc/disk ]. But given details I might be able to find the cause for you.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello again.

Thanks for your fast reactions to my posts :) .

This is very strange because I do not notice the problem anymore.

Maybe the problem disappeared because I have disabled the services mentioned in my previous post.

Anyway, my problems or annoyances with the software are solved and I really love it now.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Pluizebol

Edited by Pluizebol

Hello again.

Thanks for your fast reactions to my posts :) .

This is very strange because I do not notice the problem anymore.

Hee hee. In my original career my men used to claim that if their computers started to play up, all they had to do was whisper to the computer that they'd send for me - and the computer would behave again. I guess our computers didn't like my 'percussive maintenance' [a slap upside the motherboard]. :lol:

Regards,

Brendon