• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

NadaRose

Joining Musical Audio Clips Seamlessly (On The Beat)

Question

The wave form displays audio in one-second increments. But to join two clips of a song together seamlessly and keep the beat going, I would need the wave form displayed in half-second increments or maybe even quarter-second increments. That way, I could clip it on exactly the right beat or half-beat.

I've looked under "flatten clip," "zoom in," "time format/millisecond/time code", but none of these seems to do what I need. So when I join the two clips together, there is a "bump" in the sound at the junction, and sometimes I end up with two "fourth beats" or two "first beats."

There's GOTTA be a way to do this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I assume you're using Sound Editor? I don't have 2009 installed now, but I don't think it's changed that drastically between 2009 and 2012, and you can easily zoom down to the "frame" (1/75th second). If you highlight the section where you want to cut/trim then "zoom to selection" (I'm hoping someone with 2009 might jump in too) you can get it as close as you need, and then some.

you can easily zoom down to the "frame" (1/75th second). If you highlight the section where you want to cut/trim then "zoom to selection" (I'm hoping someone with 2009 might jump in too) you can get it as close as you need, and then some.

Are these the settings, Dave? They seem to be calling them "blocks" rather than the more usual "frames" but from my calculations they seem to be 1/75 second each. e.g. 00:12:50 is the start of block 950, while 00:12:55 is the start of block 955.

post-208-0-16971600-1370159731_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-31551100-1370159757_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Yes, you're correct (as usual). Blocks would probably be the proper terms for that chunk of time on a CD, not frames (video).

post-61-0-91233300-1370170930_thumb.jpg

And if you'll notice, the time indicated on the scale goes from 00:09:74 to 00:10:00, so that's displaying blocks too.