buckfisher

Split From Dvd Won't Play

Question

You guys are really good at NOT answering questions! I did all this. After starting VHS2DVD3:

select the "Record, Edit and Save" option and then Start new project

then select "Import Video" and then in the new window that opens, navigate to the folder containing your mpg file and select it and then click Open.

Then select the arrow near the right bottom of the screen (ready to export) and then select the device you want to burn (DVD) and then click burn. I used Verbatim 4.7GB -R DVDs. tested finished discs with Cyberlink AnyDVD 10. They appeared to play fine. However, after burning 7 DVDs and making 6 sets of copies, I tried playing them in my Samsung Blu-ray 5500 and another Samsung Blu-ray/DVD player. I got the following error: "Cannot play disc. The video format of the disc does not meet required video output format of this product. Disc purchased from abroad may not be playable." They play fine in my old LG DVD Player! I checked the Properties of a vod file, it said "Frame Size 720x576 (525/60)". Don't bother telling me I created a Data Disc or PAL File, I cannot even find settings for doing that. Where can you tell this program to create DATA DISCS FROM VIDEO FILES OR CHANGE TO OR FROM PAL, whatever that is? I did as described above, and got what I told you. I even tried burning one 5 Min. video to DVD to make sure file size was not an issue. I got the same error from player. Don't avoid the questions, or maybe you just don't know how this software works. Why did I get 720x576 using default settings? Thanks for the 50 coasters!

13 answers to this question

Such anger from someone who really doesn't understand. First, we are users with a little more experience than you. We are not Roxio/Corel support. Now with that understanding, do you really want to rant on us?

1) PAL is the video format for outside the US. Where are you? Nations like Canada have both PAl and NTSC so you have to determine which you are going to use.

2) Cyberlink does not have a program called AnyDVD 10.

3) Where did you see a VOD file? DVD's have VOB files.

4) You want to burn a video DVD, not a data DVD. Usually the program determines where you are and selects NTSC or PAL.

5) Since this is your first post, who told you to do what you accuse us of telling you?

6) I understand your anger but didn't you think to check a couple of burned discs every once in awhile?

7) Did you know that the little questions marks give you instant help? Also read this.

8) Did you even look for a start guide manual? It is here.

9) Here is some information on why discs don't play.

Now, If you look at all the information above and you calm down, please come back and ask rationally for help.

Edited by sknis

Such anger from someone who really doesn't understand. First, we are users with a little more experience than you. We are not Roxio/Corel support. Now with that understanding, do you really want to rant on us?

1) PAL is the video format for outside the US. Where are you? Nations like Canada have both PAl and NTSC so you have to determine which you are going to use.

4) You want to burn a video DVD, not a data DVD. Usually the program determines where you are and selects NTSC or PAL.

5) Since this is your first post, who told you to do what you accuse us of telling you?

6) I understand your anger but didn't you think to check a couple of burned discs every once in awhile?

7) Did you know that the little questions marks give you instant help? Also read this.

Now, If you look at all the information above and you calm down, please come back and ask rationally for help.

I think that he may have passed the Buck. :)

He most definitely saw your response, which was more than what he should expect of anyone, if he actually read what he posted.

FIRST, I did think I was addressing Roxio Tech. People, SORRY. 1) I am in Canada, I don't recall if the software asked me where I was. 2)+6) I checked the discs using Cyberlink POWERDVD 10. (As if you didn't know what program I was referring to), they played fine. 3) I checked the Properties of a vob file, it said "Frame Size 720x576" (As if you didn't know the file type I was referring to). 4) Yes, I want to burn a VIDEO DVD, I do not see an option to burn DATA DISCS, why would the program choose to burn a format that is not playable on new blu-ray/dvd players? 5) I did not accuse anyone of telling me anything. I copied and pasted the instructions given a different person, that matched what I had done. There are a lot of comments about this PROBLEM. 7) I looked at the little question marks, NO HELP! 8) Yes I used the GETTING STARTED GUIDE included in the box. I created single video discs and multiple file discs with menus. They all work great on my laptop using PowerDVD 10, but do not play in any of our Samsung Blu-ray/DVD players. 9) There are no software updates for Roxio VHS to DVD 3 plus. 10) I think I did everything as instructed, so why is the program burning the wrong format? What did I miss? Was this conversion package obsolete before I bought it?

buckfisher. So I am supposed to know what you are talking about when you don't make posts that are correct? I hope that CD clarified things for you with his p.m. Good luck.

Yes, you were sent a private message that your post was being moved and you did not read that private message. It should have popped open on your screen when you open these forums today.

At this point, since you insist on arguing and not taking any responsibility for your actions or inactions, I would suggest that you contact technical support and pay for the privilege of insulting them.

The program looks at your Windows set up and sets PAL vs NTSC based on that.

Was that supposed to mean something?

Yes, can you follow "click this to read your PM?

I split your first post, deleted your second post, and locked the thread you posted in the third time.

Sent you a PM that explained this, posted a picture how to read the PM because it said "Not Yet Read".

buckfisher. So I am supposed to know what you are talking about when you don't make posts that are correct? I hope that CD clarified things for you with his p.m. Good luck.

It is clear, from the many streams with complaints regarding this and similar problems, that this software is either faulty or extremely user unfriendly. Dozens of people asking why they can't play the finished product on their Blu-ray players. You have managed to avoid any useful comments or suggestions, using stuck-up sarcasm. CD's PM is just a picture of the useless screenshot. I followed the instructions, have up to date equipment and software and Verbatim discs. I have not seen one helpful comment about this on any of the streams concerning it. Just jerks trying to blame their discs or computers, never addressing the software. As far as I can tell from the answers I haven't seen, "Roxio VHS to DVD 3 Plus" cannot produce a video DVD that will play on a new Blu-ray player.

Nothings been clear with any of your hijacking me to posts.

All you've did is copy and paste the same thing three times.

If you would really like help, drop the attitude and ask for it?

Keep posting like this and I doubt anyone will address your ranting about the product not working because it works fine for us.

It is clear, from the many streams with complaints regarding this and similar problems, that this software is either faulty or extremely user unfriendly. Dozens of people asking why they can't play the finished product on their Blu-ray players. You have managed to avoid any useful comments or suggestions, using stuck-up sarcasm. CD's PM is just a picture of the useless screenshot. I followed the instructions, have up to date equipment and software and Verbatim discs. I have not seen one helpful comment about this on any of the streams concerning it. Just jerks trying to blame their discs or computers, never addressing the software. As far as I can tell from the answers I haven't seen, "Roxio VHS to DVD 3 Plus" cannot produce a video DVD that will play on a new Blu-ray player.

You should probably try to get help directly from Roxio/Corel.

buckfisher:

Are you still reading this?

Do you still want some help with it?

If you are willing to lay aside all the rage and accusations your post does raise some questions...

But only if you are willing to discuss it in a mature manner
;)