• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe111

Joe111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

I purchased Creator NXT yesterday. I have used MyDVD 9 earlier, so I am familiar with the program, and have never had a similar problem.  
I got the same problem immediately trying to edit chapter name - the program hangs. The same happens if you just try to open the Chapter Menu. ( I use Windows 7 if this info helps.)
This is how I have created chapters: On MyDVD Project view window (on the left bottom corner)
1. I right click the name of the imported movie.
2. Edit Chapters
3. I choose "At start of every panel" and have a tick in the box "Generate chapter menu..." .
The chapters are created successfully, although I do get an error message :”Some chapters were not added due to chapter spacing rules.” I don’t know what this means, as I do get all the chapters.
4. Then in Project view I right click the newly created “Chapter Menu”…. and MyDVD hangs.
I did notice that if I created only 3 chapters, it worked, I could edit the Chapter menu and chapter name! But in my films I need to have 10-30 chapters, so this problem is a real pain to me.
I don’t have the time to play and try to find a solution to the problem. I purchased the program and I expect the basic functions to work! Please fix this problem asap.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,261 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostJoe111, on 09 July 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

I purchased Creator NXT yesterday. I have used MyDVD 9 earlier, so I am familiar with the program, and have never had a similar problem.  
I got the same problem immediately trying to edit chapter name - the program hangs. The same happens if you just try to open the Chapter Menu. ( I use Windows 7 if this info helps.)
This is how I have created chapters: On MyDVD Project view window (on the left bottom corner)
1. I right click the name of the imported movie.
2. Edit Chapters
3. I choose "At start of every panel" and have a tick in the box "Generate chapter menu..." .
The chapters are created successfully, although I do get an error message :”Some chapters were not added due to chapter spacing rules.” I don’t know what this means, as I do get all the chapters.
4. Then in Project view I right click the newly created “Chapter Menu”…. and MyDVD hangs.
I did notice that if I created only 3 chapters, it worked, I could edit the Chapter menu and chapter name! But in my films I need to have 10-30 chapters, so this problem is a real pain to me.
I don’t have the time to play and try to find a solution to the problem. I purchased the program and I expect the basic functions to work! Please fix this problem asap.
WHO do you think you are talking to??? :huh:

This is a User Forum... No One from Roxio is here except on very rare occasions!!!

When they are, they are clearly identified!

If you have NXT Why are you posting in a forum for Creator 2012?

HOWEVER, if you supply full details of your project, I will be happy to see if I can duplicate the problem.

Need things like:

type of project

quality setting

aspect ratio of your source files

total length (in time)

quality (720 X 480 @ 8 mbps)

theme used for background and buttons

total number of chapters

total number of pages

I am curious, you mentioned MyDVD 9...

Is this the one you are referring to?

MyDVD 9.jpg

I would also like to split this out and move it to the proper forum.

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 09 July 2013 - 02:18 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Joe111

Joe111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Thank You very much for offering your help!
I manage now so that I only create chapters, not chapter menus. This way nothing hangs.
Hopefully someone will figure out what causes the hanging if chapter menus are created, it would be nice to use that feature too some day.
(And yes, I was referring to the old MyDVD 9 program which I purchased in 2007. Please feel free to split and move this to the right discussion chain.)

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,261 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

OK ~ done ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users