No replies to this topic

#1 Doug Blair

Doug Blair

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

For several years I have been using TiVo Transfer 2.x on my Mac Mini (Server) to archive my favorite shows. Over the past few months I have noticed that I get the busy cursor (rainbow pinwheel) more and more frequently. It seems to happen after every click of a new show in the app, or after I click the transfer button, and the wheel spins about about 30-40 seconds before I can click something else. The overall transfer speed also appears to be declining, with the TiVo Transfer app now taking as long as 2 hours to transfer a 30 minute show (a 600 meg file). This used to take less time to transfer than to watch. If I watch network traffic there are a few seconds of normal looking activity, then about a half minute of next to nothing, then another spike.

What I THINK is going on is that every time I click or scroll the app re-evaluates the list of previously transferred shows, which has been steadily growing and now has a couple thousand episodes stored in archive space. I don't think any of the other parameters have changed - same hardware, same version of transfer (which hasn't been updated significantly even if Toast has been), same TiVo, same network.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Is there a way I can trim the list of previously recorded shows, or allocate more memory to the process so that it doesn't do this garbage collection as often?

Thanks!

Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users