Sign in to follow this  
STLxTACO32

Need Help Roxio Does Not Appear In Recording Devices

Question

Hi, just bought the Roxio hd pro game capture. Finally got it hooked up but have no voice just game audio. When I click on the speaker and recording devices only two show up. Internal microphone and stereo mix. I am a newbie to this. Can someone please help?

18 answers to this question

Can barely hear other voices or the game. If I turn up volume on computer I get a high pitched screech. I thought I had volumes set as in the videos.

YOUR VOICE has to go into the RGC Capture Device...

Everything is captured by Roxio that comes down the USB connection...

If your 'voice' isn't part of the USB stream ~ you aren't there :huh:

I went back and looked under device manager. I only have one line for roxio hd pro. That is the only thing that changes when I unhook the roxio. I uninstalled it, unplugged the roxio, rebooted pc, turned off anti-virus and ran repair. Rebooted pc went back to device manager and have just the one line again. Roxio still appears as unspecified device under devices. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by STLxTACO32

Not sure I follow all that???

ONE Entry in your Device Manager is Normal, as long as it looks like this:

post-39730-0-87664200-1375619806_thumb.jpg

AND it will show up in your Mixer (when connected)

post-39730-0-34239800-1375619808_thumb.jpg

But NEVER as a Recording Device since it is Only Recognized through the RGC Software ;)

post-39730-0-62681500-1375619809_thumb.jpg

These things have to be in place and working!

Then revisit that YouTube video I linked you to and make sure you are doing it the way he presents it.

We'll keep our fingers crossed ^_^

Hi, sorry, I'm back. My voice disappeared again. No idea what I did. Reread the previous posts but I have a question. Which video were you linking me to? The link lists over 8000 of them. (and yes, first thing I checked was to make sure the roxio wasn't muted).

:lol: you got me!

I thought that link would default to the one I intended but that is not the case...

I did see a couple there, MTO & IdahoMan that would seem to fit what you are after.

Try them out and see what you think ;)

Thanks. I'm guessing by mto you mean mechtechgaming? So I need audacity? Why did I have voice (briefly) before without it but now need it? Just wondering. My turtle beach is x32 wireless. Neither video showed just the cables so I'm not sure what I need and whether wireless will work.

Ok. I'm going to try just adding audacity. I'm guessing maybe I don't need any other cables since the headset is wireless, the computer has wireless capability and the house has wifi.

NO!

That was mearly one brand and NOTHING on the RGC is wireless :huh:

You have to get the Audio Into the RGC...

Having in your computer WILL NOT WORK.

You have some RCA jacks and some way to connect to anything with Audio?

Hook something Audio up with the jacks going into your RGC Device and while playing something, capture some game play.

Got Audio???

Here are some I have used along with an mp3 player, just to see if it worked :lol:

post-39730-0-01756800-1375892433_thumb.jpg