Sign in to follow this  
p0486096

Cineplayer Error - Insufficient Video Resources

Question

My Cineplayer used to work fine until I restored my computer. Now I get an error message "The application cannot be launched due to insufficient video resources". I'm using Win 8 Pro with Media Center.

7 answers to this question

My Cineplayer used to work fine until I restored my computer. Now I get an error message "The application cannot be launched due to insufficient video resources". I'm using Win 8 Pro with Media Center.

Why did you have to restore your computer or was that part of the W8 upgrade? Just to double check -- do you have Creator NXT installed? If so CinePlayer may be a leftover from a previous version of Creator. Creator NXT comes with a cut down limited version of Corel's DVD player -- WinDVD. NXt is the only one that Roxio/Corel says is certified for NXT. Left overs may not be.

Have you updated your video card drivers? What are your display settings?

I don't have NXT or W8 installed on this computer; perhaps someone else would have other comments or suggestions

No, I was having problems with the one I was running so I ran a fresh restore. Yes, I do have Creator NXT installed. But the Bluray plug-in I bought does not install because it cannot find an installed application (or some error like that). So, I used to use the Cineplayer from the previous version of Roxio and it was working fine until after restore.

CinePlayer is not part of NXT...

The BD Plug-in is only for the Roxio NXT and will not work with the NXT Pro Suite.

So that begs the questions, Where did your CinePlayer come from?

What Version of NXT do you have?

True, CinePlayer was part of earlier version of Roxio, which I was able to install by itself. I also installed the BD plug-in for CinePlayer too. Thank you for the info on the BD plug-in for NXT. I was struggling with that. :) I have the NXT Pro version.

So you are good? CinePlayer is working OK? Again it may be W8.

Are you using Win DVD to play the DVDs that you made?

No, the CinePlayer stopped working ever since the restore. I'm not using the WindDVD because it doesn't play Blurays. That's why I preferred the CP with the BD plug-in.

:unsure: I was not thinking about the CinePlayer BD Playback plug-in...

Which version did you have CinePlayer from? How about the BD Playback plug-in?

As Steve said, it could be that these will just not work in Win8...

Just because it Installs, in no way means that it will work :huh: