jolafson

Backontrack In Creator Nxt

Question

I recently upgraded to Creator NXT, downloaded and installed from the Roxio Store. I have been testing

the many components of NXT and when I start BackOnTrack there is no option for System Rollback on the One-Click

Backup tab. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but the result is the same. Is this feature only

available in the Pro version? Since there is no mention of a difference in BOT between the regular and the Pro version on the Roxio website, I would expect the features to be the same. Anyone else encounter this problem?

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Despite the fact that the introduction for BackOnTrack [boT] claims that you can do a full system restore . .

post-208-0-94150700-1376275396_thumb.jpg

. . . in point of fact you can't! The ability to do this has been removed from BoT in NXT. It isn't in the Pro version either. Here I've clicked on the Disk or Partition backup button.

post-208-0-89487300-1376275489_thumb.jpg

I have not been able to find an explanation for this removal.

Brendon

I contacted Roxio/Corel Tech Support about this issue and their response was: "The System Rollback for BackOnTrack is only available for Creator 2012 Pro." I have asked for clarification, but it appears that several features of BOT in NXT have been removed. Of course, the Help file for BOT clearly states that System Rollback and System Restore are included. I thought an UPgrade generally meant you were going to get more not fewer features. Very sad...

Edited by jolafson

I thought an UPgrade generally meant you were going to get more not fewer features. Very sad...

Indeed! You'll notice that Creator Classic has vanished too. :(

An update for anyone interested. The response from Roxio Tech Support is the following:

"It's not that we have deleted some functionable programs from the previous version. It's just that some functions of Creator 2012 isn't available for Creator NXT. "

So they did not remove anything from NXT...they just did not install everything in NXT. Incredible.

If someone wants to close this topic, go ahead.

That is a pretty catchy response... That guy should be in politics :lol:

Some sage advice...

Whenever a 3
rd
Party Software is bundled with any Suite...

Buy it
separately,
if you intend to use it!!!

and now you know why -_-