ststrick

Easy Vhs To Dvd Retail Box - "not Activated" - During Install

Question

Purchased new retail box version of Roxio Easy VHS to DVD3 from Wal Mart today. Cashier scanned box twice to activate " I was told". Started installation-entered product key- dialogue box pops up " Product not Activated". Returned to Wal Mart returned product for new copy of same product and asked cashier with management to please make sure product is scanned twice and activated. Returned home with same results. Registered product online but still can not install because of " Product not Activated" when product key is entered. Computer is homebuilt - AMD Phenom II X6 Processor 3.30 Ghz- 8 gig Ram- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit . Do we really need to jump this many hurdles to use a purchased product?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

That is sad...

I would go this way, if it were mine!

Return it to a DIFFERENT store for exchange/activation/refund
-_-

If refund, then stop at another big box store on the way home and buy one there
:lol:

I wish I had this option however I recently retired and moved to a small town in south Ga. and Wal Mart is the only thing available within 60 mi. which really makes it frustrating. Perhaps I can find the cable at Radio shack and download functional software.

Then Go Back and take them to task...

It IS an activation issue at their end. Their computer (from the cash register) has to notify Roxio's sever that your specific box is legally sold and to allow it to be activated :huh:

It is an anti theft system they started using recently and in my opinion, should be Junked!!!

Update: I still don't have an answer to the problem. I returned the product for a refund and purchased a different product at Radio Shack which was $20 less and does the same thing and .......more importantly it install's and works out of the box. I will say this however, I doubt Roxio knows how much business they lose from what appears to be an " anti theft procedure " that could easy be corrected with a brief phone call. I seldom purchase retail box so this is the first time I encountered this situation. I'm still not sure if it's a Wal Mart or Roxio issue but I found out I don't want to deal with either of them for support. Have a nice day. Thanks Jim for your reply and I am inclined to believe it is a Wal Mart issue as they have had other issues with their computer system and the employees that use them.

Edited by ststrick