Question

Ok, so lately I have been researching and how the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro doesn't come with the option to produce live commentaries. Although i can see this is somewhat true, there seems to be another way. You see, KYR SP33DY (YouTuber) has a Roxio HD Pro, yet seems to produce videos including him talking *IN GAME* making a conversation with his other friends. So not only does this record his friends voice, but his own *without using a voice-over*. I also saw him with a Sno-Ball microphone and was wondering: "If i were to use a USB microphone, like Sno-Ball, is there a possibility i can record my voice, but also have it so my friends can hear me and make conversation, all recorded?" A famous YouTuber has done it with only one more thing than me: the USB mic Sno-Ball, and that might be my only necessity. Anyone can give me some info on how either he did it, i can do it, or any other ways for it to be done, it will be much appreciated. (( KYR SP33DY'S setup video:

))

7 answers to this question

Search on YouTube "roxio game capture hd pro voice" , lots of hits there.

It's actually pretty simple to setup a live commentary setup like Speedy. ^_^

In an Xbox 360, there should be an option somewhere to output other player's voice chat through the speakers and your headset at the same time. Since it'll have to go through the RGC, other players' voice will be recorded along with the gameplay. Just make sure the audio is balanced out (you'll have to do that on your own via the settings by adjusting the volume).

Then there's your own commentary which is the somewhat confusing. Note that this is done on your computer itself, not your Xbox 360. You'll need a mic (some laptops have built-in ones, but any works), Audacity (which is a free program that you can download), and some skills in connecting stuff (I kid you not). Open up Audacity, pick the right mic & press the big red button to record.

Then there's the editing part. Before I move on what editing program do you use? You can move on from here yourself but I can be a guide if you want :D I apologise if you don't use an Xbox 360 though :unsure:

It's actually pretty simple to setup a live commentary setup like Speedy. ^_^

In an Xbox 360, there should be an option somewhere to output other player's voice chat through the speakers and your headset at the same time. Since it'll have to go through the RGC, other players' voice will be recorded along with the gameplay. Just make sure the audio is balanced out (you'll have to do that on your own via the settings by adjusting the volume).

Then there's your own commentary which is the somewhat confusing. Note that this is done on your computer itself, not your Xbox 360. You'll need a mic (some laptops have built-in ones, but any works), Audacity (which is a free program that you can download), and some skills in connecting stuff (I kid you not). Open up Audacity, pick the right mic & press the big red button to record.

Then there's the editing part. Before I move on what editing program do you use? You can move on from here yourself but I can be a guide if you want :D I apologise if you don't use an Xbox 360 though :unsure:

I am using the Turtle Beach X11's and when ever I set it to play through both the speakers and headset, I hear an echo since the turtle beaches are hooked up to the red and white audio cables to receive the game sound (through the speakers) so I am hearing the game chat through my headset from the Xbox chat cable and then also a delayed and off sounding speaker sound...do you happen to know why this might be happening? Thanks for the help in advance!

I am using the Turtle Beach X11's and when ever I set it to play through both the speakers and headset, I hear an echo since the turtle beaches are hooked up to the red and white audio cables to receive the game sound (through the speakers) so I am hearing the game chat through my headset from the Xbox chat cable and then also a delayed and off sounding speaker sound...do you happen to know why this might be happening? Thanks for the help in advance!

Since you're using that setup, set your Xbox to output the voice through your TV only.

Since you're using that setup, set your Xbox to output the voice through your TV only.

Ok, thats what I was thinking it just seems like alot of people have it playing through both with the Turtle Beach X11's and they don't seem to have this problem. It's just kind of frustrating since when it plays through the speakers the sound kind of sucks and it automatically turns down your game volume. I'm surprised no one else on the internet has had this problem....or maybe I just have to get used to it...