• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Camper Guy

Easy Vhs To Dvd 3 Not So Easy

Question

I got this for the LP to CD part software does not see the Video capture USB device. Page 24 of getting started guide step 4, says to select (Line Roxio Video Capture USB). The only thing I have is Sound Blaster.

I have tried the video Capture part with no luck, got picture for about 10 sec. then the whole computer shuts down and restarts with Windows has recovered from a serious error

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Now all I get is a Green screen where the video should be then a reboot.

After reading this group, this software must really suck

I have had trouble getting here to post, Had to register to get a password so I did that then I could not logon All I got was a (PAGE ERROR) Now about 6 hours later I go on..

post-114525-0-76914400-1376959681_thumb.png

post-114525-0-01097800-1376959685_thumb.png

post-114525-0-88651400-1376959686_thumb.png

First the "Legacy" Audio and Video entries have absoltly nothing to do with EVD 3... They are always there.

Your 2 entries for the Roxio Device are present, so lets' try a proper repair following these step to the letter!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Video Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

post-114525-0-44826400-1377044386_thumb.pngI have had a H___ of a time just trying to reply to this. Jim I see where you do not work for this company. I did what you said and tryed the LP to CD still the same thing. Page 24 of getting started guide step 4, says to select (Line Roxio Video Capture USB). The only thing I have is Sound Blaster.

Is this a XP thing or any windows sys. I have about 15 hours or more trying to get this to work, from reading on there, trying the uninstall-reinstall it is all a bunch of bull. I have asked for a refund but don't want to be out more money for shipping.

Jim

I found this and tried it.

Driver for Easy VHS to DVD 3/Plus device

Issue: After installing Easy VHS to DVD 3/Plus, the device is not recognized by the software or receive a Windows prompt install driver for Roxio Video Capture USB

Resolution:

Please click on the links below to download the driver for your system. You can tell if you have a 32- or 64-bit system but right click on My Computer then select Properties. It will be listed in System Type.

32-bit Windows

64-bit Windows

Please note the drivers above only apply to the device that's bundled with Easy VHS to DVD 3/Plus.

How well did this answer your question?

« Go Back to Knowledgebase

I have not recorded any video but it display on the screen with no crash. Still I can not use the LP to CD as it does not see the USB thing. I can record using the capture device but the record level does not work. I did plug the record player in to my sound blaster card ant this seem to work. So I guess the hardware part of this is useless in the LP to CD part.

That screw up my whole post when i pasted that into it. It has words in the black part.

I have not tried to record any video but it does display on the screen with no restarts like it was doing.

Still no luck with the LP to CD part, the only thing on the list is the sound blaster card.

Sorry I did not get back sooner ~ I had posted this question elsewhere but no one ever got back to me :(

It is odd...

I can get my old XP laptop with the 201B Version and older USB device to work but not my desktops which have had the newer 301B installed...

The Video part works fine in XP with either the 201B or 301B software and both generations of the USB Device,

But Not the Sound Recorder! Very odd indeed :wacko:

Please don't just grab drivers out of the air in the hope they might fix something... That is the fast lane to a Reformat!

I'll do some more checking.

I got the drivers from this website under Support Home. It is suppose to be for (Driver for Easy VHS to DVD 3/Plus device).

My Sound Editor is build 301B41B USB Device has HU3180-E on it.

If I can help let me know.

I can record by inputting into the SB card so I guess this USB hardware is useless for what I am trying to do.

No, as near as I can tell the hardware is fine, but for some reason it does not work with XP :huh:

I have asked some others to confirm that but no one has had the time to drag out their old PC's yet :lol:

I only have one PC with XP on it and EVD 3 so I don't want to draw an authoritative conclusion based on only One Sample!

The previous device (and drivers) worked fine with XP, UP to and including Win7.

Yes while the software can (normally) be used for audio capture, doing it through your sound card (Mic or line in) has always been an easy option going back to Win 95!

I still can't get a definitive answer from any of the Gurus who claim they have XP :huh:

Maybe they don't have XP AND EVD 3 at the same time...

I Guess I will have to drag out another PC I have and try it there.

Don't mean to interrupt but check this list to make sure that your computer has ALL of the following:

Minimum System Requirements:

• Microsoft® Windows 8, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Vista® Home Basic (SP1), Windows® XP (SP3 for 32-bit, SP2 for 64-bit)
  • Processor and RAM, 1.6 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM or more, or the minimum system requirements of the OS, whichever is higher.
  • DirectX 9 compatible graphics card or higher, sound card, DVD-ROM drive
  • 2 GB free hard drive space for installation
  • Windows Media Player 10, 11 or 12
  • DVD Writer for DVD
  • Internet Explorer® 7, 8 or 9
  • One available USB 2.0 port
  • Minimum screen resolution 1024x768
  • ​
  • ​Sometimes Quicktime is needed for the Apple video codecs.

No problem with that Steve but I finished testing on a second XP PC...

With EVD 3 Drivers for the newer Video Capture USB Device:

Roxio's Record Audio, in bundled Sound Editor software, WILL NOT WORK
:huh:

If I plug in the older Capture USB Device, it will actually work as expected...

Jim

I know you are trying to help, and thanks for that but were does this leave me?? If I send it back who pays for shipping??

Why can't I post here with IE8 I have to use Chrome, when I click in the reply part nothing happen?

I have tried to get help thu. support but they are giving me the run around, got an e-mail saying they are waiting for more info. but they have not ask for any, so I don't know what they want.

Check your spam folders for replies that may have ended up there. It sometimes happens.

I have Never had any trouble with any version of IE 8 or 9 but IE 10 has problems here...

We will pass along your problem so do as Steve mentioned and keep an eye for a message here in the upper right corner:

post-39730-0-62626600-1377944391_thumb.jpg

Oh, as far as I know, shipping will be on you -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Guest Rox-Ralf

Jim

I know you are trying to help, and thanks for that but were does this leave me?? If I send it back who pays for shipping??

Why can't I post here with IE8 I have to use Chrome, when I click in the reply part nothing happen?

I have tried to get help thu. support but they are giving me the run around, got an e-mail saying they are waiting for more info. but they have not ask for any, so I don't know what they want.

Please check your inbox

15 Days since first post and still no closer to an answer than when I started, except it will no work with XP. I think I have read every FAQ that I think might have anything to do with this and have spent a lot of time on something that is going to cost me about $9.00 in shipping. Boy this is real good business I should have just sent them $9.00 and saved a lot of time. They sending me E-Mail wanting me to buy more of their JUNK..

15 Days since first post and still no closer to an answer than when I started, except it will no work with XP. I think I have read every FAQ that I think might have anything to do with this and have spent a lot of time on something that is going to cost me about $9.00 in shipping. Boy this is real good business I should have just sent them $9.00 and saved a lot of time. They sending me E-Mail wanting me to buy more of their JUNK..

Did you look at what Rox-Ralf send you?

Did you read Jim's Post, which is Post #16 of this thread? Do you see what the red arrows are pointing to in his picture? Scroll up to the top of this screen, and see if you received a private message from Rox-Ralf, who asked you to check your inbox.

Yes I did and he asked a question that I answer, and have not receive a reply to. What is wrong with so Phone support????????

It has been 2 days since Ralf responded ~ you are being unreasonable!

Jim

In your post #13 you said "With EVD 3 Drivers for the newer Video Capture USB Device:" do you know when they started shipping the new USB device?

I guess this is not unreasonable I received this on 8/28/20013.

We hope you are enjoying your Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus! We would like to remind you that your free warranty service is due to expire in 5 days.

Also on 8/28/2013 I got this.

Thank you for submitting your question using our online case management tool. This is a confirmation that you have created a new case, number 01819046. It will be assigned to an agent as soon as possible.

And this on 8/28/2013.

Thank you for submitting your question. My name is Ramon and I have been assigned to your case 01819046. I am currently reviewing it and will be updating you shortly.

On 8/30/2013 e-mail.

This is being sent to you to remind you that I am waiting for information or feedback about your support case 01819046. Under my case I have asked what info do you need with no answer.

I guess this is where I stand. Free warranty service is due to expire in 5 days. lets see 8/28 to 9/4 = 7 days

It has been 2 days since Ralf responded ~ you are being unreasonable!

I can't make it any clearer than that!

You ARE being assisted well beyond the normal warranty period...

I am sorry that does not live up to your expectations -_-

I agree that the "warranty" is less than I would like to see, but that changes nothing.

I understand you got this for the LP to CD part of the program, and I can understand your frustration with not being able to use the supplied hardware to capture audio, but I would offer that there are advantages to using the SB card instead of the USB device, primarily, that you can adjust the recording level using the windows mixer. With most USB capture devices, you can't control the recording level, so if it's too "hot" it's going to distort, and if it's too low, you can't bump it up during the recording process.

This doesn't solve your problem, I know, but I wanted to toss out that bit of info.

d_deweywright

I have to agree with you on using the SB card and I have tried this and it works but I have not mastered the software yet and with out a user guide you have to spend a lot of time looking and read. I also have some home videos that I was going to put on DVD. The video capture part seem to work, I can get video on the screen but have not tried to record any because the sound did not work. I don't know if you could use the USB capture for video and the SB card for sound???

Tom