monika13

Cannot Add Music To The Videowave Project

I'm using Roxio Creator NXT with Windows 8.

When I click on the "Add background audio" and then "Media Selector" I try to select My music folder on my PC. The dropdown menu quickly disappears without letting me navigating to my music library. Can't select, can't scroll up or down, can't click on any folder. Please advise.

I just tried and When I choose "Add Background Audio" I can get to where you choose folders.I can click on the folders under My Music just fine.I can also use File Explorer to navigate to any folder on my hard drive.

First thing I'd try is a repair of your install.

Pop in your disc and when it starts choose Repair from the list.

See if that fixes it.

I'm also using Roxio Creator NXT with Windows 8 and I'm experiencing the same issues as Monika13 i.e.

When I click on the "Add background audio" and then "Media Selector" I try to select My music folder on my PC. The dropdown menu quickly disappears without letting me navigating to my music library. Can't select, can't scroll up or down, can't click on any folder. This looks like a Roxio browser/explorer issue. Could Roxio please advise when an update/fix will be made available

Roxio states that Exporer 9 causes Videowave to crash. That's my experience. I can un-install Exporer 9 but what should I replace it with? And How do I install the replacement?

Roxio states that Exporer 9 causes Videowave to crash. That's my experience. I can un-install Exporer 9 but what should I replace it with? And How do I install the replacement?

That is an old guideline for early version of IE 9 . Don't you have IE 10 by now? If you go to Windows add/remove programs and select to show the MS updates, you will see the update from IE 8 to IE 9. Just uninstall that. I can almost guarantee that IE is not the problem.

SAME ISSUE. I don't see any resolutions here. ?

Jimmy, stay with your thread in the correct version or you will cause confusion ands may get conflicting answers.

I have the exact same problem. The media selector appears work in the MY DVD tool. But in VideoWave after you select a directory the first time you cannot change it. I tried doing a "repair" but that did not work. I did an uninstall and then reinstall and it allowed me to select a directory, but the next time I brought it up again, I could not change. When you click the dropdown, it is graphically unable to display. The Media Selector does not have the split screen view with folder hierarchy so there is no way to change directory. A similar graphics problem exists with Photo/Video selector, but it has split view so you have some ability to drill down. Without ability to select audio the tool is useless.

It also tends to crash frequently, even more so since I have reloaded

Do you have Creator NXT -Pro or regular? Do you have the exact same computer and programs loaded. My guess is that you don't.

Please start your own thread and answer these questions (link). Also you need to tell us about your computer. follow these instructions (a different link) . Both are easy even for a non-tech type person.

Also I have exactly the same problem – therefore no changes to above mentioned.

“The media selector appears work in the MY DVD tool. But in VideoWave after you select a directory the first time you cannot change it. I tried doing a "repair" but that did not work. I did an uninstall and then reinstall and it allowed me to select a directory, but the next time I brought it up again, I could not change. When you click the dropdown, it is graphically unable to display. The Media Selector does not have the split screen view with folder hierarchy so there is no way to change directory. A similar graphics problem exists with Photo/Video selector, but it has split view so you have some ability to drill down. Without ability to select audio the tool is useless.”

I have had the Creator NXT 2Pro installed on my old Windows 7 (x64) without any problems. Are there a lack in Windows 8.1 capability or can someone please help me? Or should I change to new software after using Roxio for more than a decade.

My PC:

Windows 8.1 (x64) (build 9600), 3,60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4790, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, 250 GB SSD and Creator NXT 2Pro

Mallie ( Denmark)

Use Windows Explorer to copy and paste. ;)

However I cannot duplicate it, please supply a screen cap of what you are talking about.

Do you have NXT or NXT 2? and Regular or Pro?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I have the same issue if I try to use the docked Media Selector. Try undocking it and then re-dock it. It got me to a different location but I could not change it after that. Don;t use the docked Media Selector, use the "add" controls to the left.

I am not experienced with the present forum - unfortunately.

I am Using Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2

Using un-dock and re-dock Media Selector does not change anything. I cannot change folders and go to my whished archives.

Mallie

I am not experienced with the present forum - unfortunately.

I am Using Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2

Using un-dock and re-dock Media Selector does not change anything. I cannot change folders and go to my whished archives.

Mallie

Don't use the dock and use the add video/audio controls on the left side of the VideoWave window. Does that work? If not, you have a screwed up installation that needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your persistence to help.

Left to my WidioVawe window I have the “Add Photo/Video” but no video/audio so I cannot follow your advice.

When using the common ways, as I have done for years, to choose and insert music from “Add Bagground Audio” and “Media Selector” I can't select, can't scroll up or down, can't click on any folder. I only see the popup window in a split second every time I drill down before it goes back to the starting point.

As said before I have absolute no problems in my Windows 7 installation, why I am leaning to the conclusion that there are a bug in Windows 8.1 related to Roxio setup. Very frustrated that I here have a brand new computer where the first thing I do was to install Roxio Creator.

Should you or others propose a solution I still like to hear from you. Here and now I curse Windows 8.1 far away and considering strongly installing Windows 7 or waiting for the next Windows 10.

Possibly unrelated, but I think a lot of the media selector stuff is done using Java, so make sure your system is up-to-date with it's Java installation.