• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
PrideOfPEI24

Blurred Lines On Television

Question

I have a Roxio GameCap HD Pro.

Everything is installed and working fine, not having any issues with recording. I am running a biogenik universal component cable from my PS3 to the device, and then a HDMI cord from the roxio device to my TV.

There are subtle blurred lines showing up on the television, and on the recorded product. I've tried replacing the cord, had no effect.

Also, say I just ran the component from the PS3 to TV, it seems to look fine.

I have the components running from the PS3 to Roxio gamecap HD, and then a HDMI from that to the TV. At first I thought there was no issue on the computer, but like I said, when I viewed the actual video on the computer the same blurred lines appeared.

I'm having issues with my keyboard so if there appears to be something I typed wrong it's because of that. I apologize.

Edited by PrideOfPEI24

18 answers to this question

I have a Roxio GameCap HD Pro.

Everything is installed and working fine, not having any issues with recording. I am running a biogenik universal component cable from my PS3 to the device, and then a HDMI cord from the roxio device to my TV.

There are subtle blurred lines showing up on the television, and on the recorded product. I've tried replacing the cord, had no effect.

Also, say I just ran the component from the PS3 to TV, it seems to look fine.

I have the components running from the PS3 to Roxio gamecap HD, and then a HDMI from that to the TV. At first I thought there was no issue on the computer, but like I said, when I viewed the actual video on the computer the same blurred lines appeared.

I'm having issues with my keyboard so if there appears to be something I typed wrong it's because of that. I apologize.

Maybe your keyboard isn't the only problem with your setup? How about your video card.

A picture or screen cap of these blurred lines would be nice BUT not required -_-

Are these lines from start to finish or just in spots?

If spots, do the spots have anything in common?

The one thing that remains constant is the same Component cable...

Rather than send you out to get a new one, how about testing with another input source!

Use a DVD or BD Player or anything you can get that has Component output (1st Choice) or HDMI (2nd choice) ;)

Okay about the keyboard, I'm on a different laptop from the one I use the capture device on, so that's not the issue.

I took a screen shot, however photobucket lowers the quality so you may only barley be able to see the lines, and may need to tilt your screen; however, I assure you they are more noticable on the actual tv screen. So it's affecting both the TV and the device on the computer.

I should say that I tried it with my Xbox using all HDMI, and no issue of the kind. Everything was clear and peachy. It's only been with the PS3 and using the component cables. If I take the component cable, and run it directly from the PS3 to the TV (not using the Roxio device), everything appears fine.

The lines do not appear to be random, they appear to be all be the same distance apart. It's harder to see them towards the top, and more visible at the bottom. If there is any other info I can give you please let me know.

8-22-2013_06_zpsd22dd6ef.jpg

Here's another issue I'm having. As you can see by the picture I'm posting below I'm not streaming, nor am I capturing. And the display on the program is just showing like a shade of purple; however, my TV is still displaying the PS3 fine (with the exception of the blurred lines). What's interesting though, is if I were to hit capture, all of a sudden it starts recording and the PS3 shows up in the roxio program and records with no issues (again, with the exception of the blurred lines). Even when taking a screen shot, though the screen just looks purple, it's still taking an actual screen shot from the PS3. Is there any way to change it so that it shows the PS3 image all the time?

I don't see any lines at all :(

There is no need to use any 3rd Party picture proxy here, just post them directly!

Info ~ Info on how, HERE

A few users have posted about the purple capture screen or the blank then it coming on when Capture is press...

Sadly, not a single one has posted a solution :wacko:

I feel it is strictly an on board video issue... But that is my Hunch ^_^

Oh you mean the blurred lines that looks like the ghost of the image (may also look a bit purple-ish)?

Welcome to component cables my friend! That's how it works. There's no fix for that since it's a normal side effect of using component cables. Unfortunately you'd have to deal with it whether you like it or not. For me, I got used to it since I often record my PS3.

Luckily, those blurred lines won't show up much on the recorded footage for some apparent reason (they'd still show up though, just not as concentrated) ;)

Oh you mean the blurred lines that looks like the ghost of the image (may also look a bit purple-ish)?

Welcome to component cables my friend! That's how it works. There's no fix for that since it's a normal side effect of using component cables. Unfortunately you'd have to deal with it whether you like it or not. For me, I got used to it since I often record my PS3.

Luckily, those blurred lines won't show up much on the recorded footage for some apparent reason (they'd still show up though, just not as concentrated) ;)

And there's no type of component cable that can avoid these blurred lines? Is there no way to record PS3 at all without having blurred lines?

And there's no type of component cable that can avoid these blurred lines? Is there no way to record PS3 at all without having blurred lines?

There are some ways to reduce it though. It might not work but at least it's something...

1) Use official PS3 component cables. Often times there's usually issues with non-official component cables.

2) Make sure there are no other cables near the component cable. Interference might be an issue (but highly unlikely)

3) Make sure the component cables are tightly connected to the Roxio device.

At first it was annoying but as you progress, you'll get used to it. Just make sure to have your TV brightness and contrast calibrated properly so you can play comfortably whilst using the component cable.

There are some ways to reduce it though. It might not work but at least it's something...

1) Use official PS3 component cables. Often times there's usually issues with non-official component cables.

2) Make sure there are no other cables near the component cable. Interference might be an issue (but highly unlikely)

3) Make sure the component cables are tightly connected to the Roxio device.

At first it was annoying but as you progress, you'll get used to it. Just make sure to have your TV brightness and contrast calibrated properly so you can play comfortably whilst using the component cable.

I guess I'll try to find some official PS3 cables. Do you know anything about those Rocket Fish HDMI to Component converter cables?

These

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/rocketfish-rocketfish-8-component-cable-for-playstation-3-rf-gps3004-rf-gps3004/10111114.aspx?path=300e2943760ac14c205f6e93b140fb2den02&SearchPageIndex=1

??? Are you talkin about a coverter box?

You Cannot convert with just a cable!!!

And are you thinking of Component to HDMI or the other way?

I guess I'll try to find some official PS3 cables. Do you know anything about those Rocket Fish HDMI to Component converter cables?

These

http://www.futuresho...archPageIndex=1

As I've said, official yields better results than unofficial ones.

Of course, there's actually a device that could bypass HDCP for lower the price around the internet. ;)

As I've said, official yields better results than unofficial ones.

Of course, there's actually a device that could bypass HDCP for lower the price around the internet. ;)

Do tell....

Okay here's a new issue I'm having... Sometimes I hit the Start Capture button, and it records in 1080, sometimes I hit the Start Capture button, and it records in 480... I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it to go either way.. but it's frustrating. Because I did like three 5 second test records and all came up in 1080, then the one I went to do the actual recording on came out 480...

Okay here's a new issue I'm having... Sometimes I hit the Start Capture button, and it records in 1080, sometimes I hit the Start Capture button, and it records in 480... I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it to go either way.. but it's frustrating. Because I did like three 5 second test records and all came up in 1080, then the one I went to do the actual recording on came out 480...

I think I may have just had a derp moment...

It was set to 480 HOWEVER, I could only set it to 720p, playing the NHL 14 Demo on PS3. I'm assuming this is because the game only supports 1080p, where as if it did support 1080 I'd be able to record in that format?