cate

No Sound On Video When Added To Videowave Dvd

Question

I have been making DVD's of my travels for quite some time and have had no problems. However, when I try to add a video which came from a Casio Exilon camera the video shows but there is no sound. It plays fine outside of videowave. The videos that I have added and that were taken on my Canon camera play just fine. Is there anything I can do about the other videos? Watching the Highland jig without the music is not very exciting, nor is watching a top notch fiddler play the fiddle with no music! Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

I have been making DVD's of my travels for quite some time and have had no problems. However, when I try to add a video which came from a Casio Exilon camera the video shows but there is no sound. It plays fine outside of videowave. The videos that I have added and that were taken on my Canon camera play just fine. Is there anything I can do about the other videos? Watching the Highland jig without the music is not very exciting, nor is watching a top notch fiddler play the fiddle with no music! Any suggestions?

Hi cate, The general recommendation is to use a third party video converter to convert the file (regardless of type) to an mpg2 video. Go to cnet.com to download a free one. I use "Any Video Converter" but there are many that work well.

No luck. Again, the videos played on the computer, but not in Roxio. I finally gave up and eliminated those videos.

No luck. Again, the videos played on the computer, but not in Roxio. I finally gave up and eliminated those videos.

Could you perhaps upload a short (30 sec) clip to a free webhosting site such as www.4shared.com or www.up4down.com?

Some of us could then download and test it and try to figure out what is going on.