steve3755

Re: The Easy Cd Creator Patches

I just purchased a new computer that has Windows XP. With the last computer with xp I was able to download the 2 patches that would make this Version 5 operational. But now this time around the patches are not downloadable. Does anyone know a website where the 2 patches can be downloadable successfully and make CD Creator Version 5 operational? I just don't want to give up on using this program. Help?! Thanks in advance. Steve

Anyway of copying from your old XP download files.

If not, there may be another that can help, hang in .

I just purchased a new computer that has Windows XP. With the last computer with xp I was able to download the 2 patches that would make this Version 5 operational. But now this time around the patches are not downloadable. Does anyone know a website where the 2 patches can be downloadable successfully and make CD Creator Version 5 operational? I just don't want to give up on using this program. Help?! Thanks in advance. Steve

Did you open the help menu and see if there is a option for updates? I searched but could not find any updates for your software.

Steve,

There are no software updates for versions 5, 6, 7, 7.5, 8, 9, 10, or 2009 available from the Roxio site now. With Corel at the helm, even the sneaky links we had for early versions have been taken down. You should always save copies of updates because they don't stay around forever. Updates via the Help menu vanished years ago.

Which version 5 installer do you have? Platinum or Regular; 5.02, 5.1, or 5.3 ??

Which are the two 'patches' you want that you believe you need to make it operational in XP?

Regards,

Brendon

Brandon, I am using Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum and the 2 patches are:

xp_up_platinum.exe.

ecdc_v502c_up.exe.

Steve

Steve, no patches were necessary to make Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum operational in Windows XP. If you have it installed, then the attached URL has what I believe to be the last patch that came out for that version. The site is a safe site.

http://www.afterdawn...plt_upgrade.cfm

I believe that Brendon is asking what version of the installer you have, because, if I recall correctly (doesn't always happen), you could not go from the first version of the software to some of the later updates. You had to install updates in sequential order.

One very good thing was,there had to be at least 10 updates to that version software. Something that was never seen again when Adaptec sold it to Roxio. Some of the updates just made the software recognize the newer CD burners that came out over the period of time that the software was sold.

Edited by grandpabruce

Brandon, I am using Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum and the 2 patches are:

xp_up_platinum.exe.

ecdc_v502c_up.exe.

Steve

I have both of those and could send them to you Steve. The XP_UP file is about 2.5 MB, and the 5.02c one is 5.8 MB.

However, as Bruce pointed out, the 5.3.5.10 updater is available on Afterdawn.Com at that link. [thanks Bruce]

It's ecdc_v5_3_5_10_plt_enu.exe, and it's about 19 MB. You should be able to upgrade your Platinum 5.x straight to 5.3.5.1 with that, and you can get it direct from AfterDawn instead of having to mess round with emails getting it from me.

There are a bunch of updates after 5.3.5.10, but they're all drivetable updates. If your system recognized your drive with version 5.02, it will certainly recognize it with 5.3.5 so you won't need a drive-up.

Regards,

Brendon