Question

It seems Roxio wants to charge me for their broken program so I am going to try here first.

I just bought Roxio Creator NXT Pro two days ago and tried to view video files I have on my computer with Corel WinDVD, which came with the program. But I can't. When I checked on instructions it said to click on the folder to open, then click on "File". There is no "File" option. Just "Optical Drive" and "Folder". The only thing I can view are DVDs.

Any ideas out there?

3 answers to this question

I have video files on my computer I'm trying to view, not on discs. They are mpegs, mp4s, ect. The instructions say they are compatible but the option to find them on my hard drive isn't there.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for bundled programs to sometimes be a "lesser" version (crippled, "reduced function", pick your term). And it's also not unusual for those bundled programs to include the manual/help files for the "full" version of the program, so that what you're told you can do, you can't. I suspect that may be the case you're seeing here.

If you've got WinDVD open, try dragging and dropping one of the files you want to watch onto WinDVD, and see if it opens it, that might be a workaround. Otherwise, I use the free VLC player a lot.