• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 x2i

x2i

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hello there, just purchased a Roxio Game Capture (not the HD), followed the instructions to install it, I read a few threads beforehand to ensure I was doing it correctly (as advised by a mate of mine who had issues installing his). Those threads mentioned that I would have to install all the software and drivers before plugging in the device - it's pretty standard with most hardware like this anyway - so I obliged.

I get to the part where you plug the device in and it comes up that it's an unkown device in the device manager window. I searched manually for the drivers on the Roxio Disc and found what I believed to be the correct ones - in doing so I was asked to choose between Roxio GAMECAP and Roxio Video Capture USB - choosing both of them bears the same result - I get an error code 10 saying the device cannot start. It's literally brand new out of the box so I highly doubt the device is faulty (although i'm not ruling it out).

I wondered if it's something to do with the fact that I'm running Windows 8.1? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Anyway as it stands currently I have a useless box at the moment - I had nothing but trouble with the Dazzle Platinum and was told this was better but at least I could record something on the Dazzle :glare:

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,476 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

I thought that Windows 8.1 wasn't going to be released until mid October.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 x2i

x2i

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Apologies, let me clarify, my main PC is in the beta but I have another Windows 8 machine that isn't in the 8.1 beta and that too has the the same issue.

Edited by x2i, 09 September 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#4 Lunat1c

Lunat1c

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I (kind of) had the same problem with my computer. I have three USB slots on my computer, but only one works for roxio.

Its like this:
One works with roxio, mouse, whatever
The other two only works with keyboard

Maybe you need drivers for your USB slots or something like that.

#5 jkarateking

jkarateking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

mine is like that to. it is so fricken annoying isnt it

#6 PC Gameboy

PC Gameboy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

This isn't really a surprise because when it comes to Windows releases, hardware manufacturers (And many software developers too) usually wait until the FINAL release of Windows before they update the software & such

Just sayin'

Cheers :)
Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Twitch TV (MMORPG Gaming) | Twitch TV (Sports Gaming)
YouTube Channel | Google+ Page
FACEBOOK | TWITTER

Bach Patu in Alien Arena & Planetside 2 (Hopefully soon to be others as well)

#7 Xenobia144

Xenobia144

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postx2i, on 08 September 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Hello there, just purchased a Roxio Game Capture (not the HD), followed the instructions to install it, I read a few threads beforehand to ensure I was doing it correctly (as advised by a mate of mine who had issues installing his). Those threads mentioned that I would have to install all the software and drivers before plugging in the device - it's pretty standard with most hardware like this anyway - so I obliged.

I get to the part where you plug the device in and it comes up that it's an unkown device in the device manager window. I searched manually for the drivers on the Roxio Disc and found what I believed to be the correct ones - in doing so I was asked to choose between Roxio GAMECAP and Roxio Video Capture USB - choosing both of them bears the same result - I get an error code 10 saying the device cannot start. It's literally brand new out of the box so I highly doubt the device is faulty (although i'm not ruling it out).

I wondered if it's something to do with the fact that I'm running Windows 8.1? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Anyway as it stands currently I have a useless box at the moment - I had nothing but trouble with the Dazzle Platinum and was told this was better but at least I could record something on the Dazzle :glare:

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

Hiya, I had similar issues after having upgraded from Win 8, what I did to solve the problem was as follows:

1)  Uninstall Roxio Game Capture Pro HD device in Device Manager.
2)  Unplug the device from USB.
3)  Plug it back in again,
4)  Right-click on the new device that appears in Device Manager called "TRANSCODER"
5)  Select "Update Driver Software"
6)  Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
7)  Select the folder where you installed the Roxio Game Capture Pro HD software (and be sure to click the tick-box that says "Include all subfolders".

Windows should then locate the drivers properly and install them.  Bear in mind I had already installed Roxio Game Capture software before upgrading from Win 8 to Win 8.1, so if yours is fresh out of the box then you might want to install that software first, and then install the driver from the location (as described above).

Good luck, and let us know if this works for you, as there may be others who are in a similar situation to yourself or myself ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users