10 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Blair

Doug Blair

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

The main reason I have Toast is to use the TiVo Transfer app to move shows from my TiVo to my Mac. I now have two TiVo's plugged into the same router on the same subnet on the same network, but one doesn't show in the devices section of the TiVo Transfer app. I have had several chats with TiVo support, and following their instructions I have power cycled and forced connections to the TiVo service to be sure that all the TiVo's have loaded their configurations properly. Since the older TiVo HD is visible I am reasonably sure all the ports and protocols that should be allowed on the network are in fact allowed and working.

Has anyone else experienced this symptom either with a new TiVo or specifically with the Roamio Pro yet?

Doug

#2 nahtanoj

nahtanoj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

have you tried the free KMTTG app? Cheaper :) and much better support!
  • Doug Blair likes this

#3 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

The current version of TiVo Transfer may not work with the Roamio models. Roxio will need to fix this or let users know they do not intend to do so. I used the link at the top of the Toast 11 forum to report this issue to Corel. You may want to do the same.

I hope if anyone does have their Roamio working with TiVo Transfer posts their success here.

Edited by tsantee, 09 October 2013 - 06:14 AM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#4 RobsterSF

RobsterSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I also have upgraded to a TiVo Roamio and while I see my Premier units with TiVo Transfer I am unable to see the Roamio unit. I inquired with TiVo support and they responded with the following...

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I apologize for the troubles you've had with TiVo Transfer. There have been no changes made what would disable any of your previous functionality when using this program. The Roamio models of TiVo are also compatible with TiVo Transfer.

Given this, we should be seeing our Roamio units however I sure cannot see it and there are no updates that I can find for my version of 2.0

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I also have upgraded to a TiVo Roamio and while I see my Premier units with TiVo Transfer I am unable to see the Roamio unit. I inquired with TiVo support and they responded with the following...

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I apologize for the troubles you've had with TiVo Transfer. There have been no changes made what would disable any of your previous functionality when using this program. The Roamio models of TiVo are also compatible with TiVo Transfer.

Given this, we should be seeing our Roamio units however I sure cannot see it and there are no updates that I can find for my version of 2.0

I'm curious if your Roamio is networked via its built-in wifi while the Premiere is networked via Ethernet.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#6 combchris

combchris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm curious if your Roamio is networked via its built-in wifi while the Premiere is networked via Ethernet.

My tivo romaio pro is plugged in via ethernet, I have cat 6 run threw my house so I don't use wireless unless I have to and I just went and bought roxio last week ONLY for tivo transfer and it is not seeing my dvr either this makes me mad. I wish I would have bought it off the roxio website for I could get my money back.

#7 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

See if KMTTG will work instead.

#8 Doug Blair

Doug Blair

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just a little follow-up here. Roxio support (which they have apparently outsourced to Corel) responded to me that TiVo Transfer just doesn't support the Roamio models. Support case # 01844804

Doug Blair,

TiVo Transfer currently does not contain the necessary code to recognize your TiVo Roamio box. We have forwarded this concern to our Engineering department. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
(name removed)
Corel Customer Support Services

So I think we will need to wait for a change in the product from Roxio. I assume they will post it in this forum when it is updated.

I might not notice if TiVo Transfer changes. The kmttg source forge software mentioned by nahtanoj does accomplish pretty much the same task (and a lot more!), but it does require some fiddling around to configure all the options. I've been using it for several weeks with the Roamio without any issues.

Doug

#9 martydorio

martydorio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

same issue here.
tivo says they do not support toast transfers

#10 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

same issue here.
tivo says they do not support toast transfers

Really? Where do they say that? The TiVo Transfer app bundled with Toast works fine with my Premiere. It doesn't work with Roamio units as you've found but I'm expecting Corel to fix that some day.

#11 TonyInSanFran

TonyInSanFran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Doug,

I had the same problem yesterday (with my brand new Roamio) but when I called TiVo Support they said it was no longer supported on the Mac. Period.

I'm looking for a workaround, and hoping Sonic Solutions (or Roxio) will do an update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TiVo transfer, devices, DVR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users