Sign in to follow this  
gardener

Windows Media Player (System Requirement)

Question

AS WMP PURCHASED WITH WINDOWS 8 DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO PLAY DVD'S (OPTIONAL ONLY WITH WINDOWS 8 PRO + ADDITIONAL PURCHASE OF THE MEDIA PACK),MY QUESTION IS WOULD THE FREE MEDIA PLAYER VLC BE SUFFICIENT FOR CREATOR NXT?

REGARDS.

3 answers to this question

Thanks for your response.The reason I asked is that I will have to upgrade my operating system soon(xp) and windows 8 seems to be the most likely choice,having used easy media creator 9 for some years and being familair with the layout of roxio I was looking to upgrade to nxt at the same time and noticed that the system requirement is for wmp.That would mean going for windows 8 pro and purchasing the media add on or another editing software make that allows you to use the free vlc or any other media player that can play dvd's on windows 8.

Regards

Download and try the free VLC player on a DVD in your current computer.

The VLC player will run in Windows 8, so if it plays a DVD on your current computer it should do it on a Windows 8 machine.

The big question will be, "Does your present computer have what's necessary to run Windows 8 and newer software?"