studiocarter

I Want To Burn Blu-Ray Disks Directly From My Camera.

Question

My camera is a Canon Vixia HF M50. The instruction book says it will burn Blu-Ray disks directly from the camera, no computer required. The Canon burner I found in a search burns high density DVD disks that play in a blu ray machine but will not actually burn Blu-Ray disks.

What Blu-Ray burner will work with video camera usb cable?

9 answers to this question

My camera is a Canon Vixia HF M50. The instruction book says it will burn Blu-Ray disks directly from the camera, no computer required. The Canon burner I found in a search burns high density DVD disks that play in a blu ray machine but will not actually burn Blu-Ray disks.

You should re-read the bold text above because what you wrote in the second sentence doesn't make sense!

Anyway sounds like a question for Canon, and not a question for Roxio's forum. :wacko:

Can you post the instruction from the manual or the page number?

Do a google search on "Blu-Ray recorders" and you will get lots of hits.

Edited by myguggi

The page in the instruction book is 155. Here is a link to one pdf: http://gdlp01.c-wss....00-im3-n-en.pdf

The Canon burner is a separate subject and didn't get made into a different paragraph. A blu-ray disk is not a DVD disk even if the DVD disk will carry a blu-ray movie in high definition dvd.

I may try asking Canon. I thought that consumers may have used the camera to do what they say in the instructions.

Edited by studiocarter

The page in the instruction book is 155. Here is a link to one pdf: http://gdlp01.c-wss....00-im3-n-en.pdf

The Canon burner is a separate subject and didn't get made into a different paragraph. A blu-ray disk is not a DVD disk even if the DVD disk will carry a blu-ray movie in high definition dvd.

I may try asking Canon. I thought that consumers may have used the camera to do what they say in the instructions.

You may try Canon?

If you had a Roxio product and needed advice would you post on the Canon forum?

Did you do the google search? If you don't want to use a computer then you have to get a Blu-Ray recorder/

• Like 1

That's right. I don't want to use the computer and I want to get a Blu-Ray recorder, a usb2 one. With a power cord. There may be AVCHD/Blu-Ray burners (people) here who use only the camera. And I did ask Canon. Since they sell a DVD burner for the purpose I don't think they will help. This forum I posted to said it was about AVCHD and Blu-Ray.

That's right. I don't want to use the computer and I want to get a Blu-Ray recorder, a usb2 one. With a power cord. There may be AVCHD/Blu-Ray burners (people) here who use only the camera. And I did ask Canon. Since they sell a DVD burner for the purpose I don't think they will help. This forum I posted to said it was about AVCHD and Blu-Ray.

I don't know what information you want. This forum is not about AVCHD or Blu-Ray

Search google

I don't know what information you want. This forum is not about AVCHD or Blu-Ray

Search google

Walt, someone moved his post here from,

Roxio Community

→ Easy Media Creator Products

→ Legacy Creator Products

→ Creator 2009

→ Blu-Ray and AVCHD

Based on what you want, why don't you do what myguggi suggested---Just Search google for that product and get what you want !!!

Bases on the pdf file you posted then you can just hook it up to your camera and burn the disk you want.

Frank...