RogerJohan

Blue Ray Writer

Question

Have a look at the attached file concerning my computer(I'm a Norwegian). I have installed Creator NXT Pro 2. To burn Blue ray - do I need an extern writer? Is this one OK?:

ASUS BW-14D1XT, Blu-Ray Writer

SATA, BD-R:14x, BD-R DL: 12x, BDXL, DVD±R: 16x, Power2Go, E-Green, Retail

post-115109-0-70589000-1380096632_thumb.jpg

Edited by RogerJohan

5 answers to this question

Why are you asking? Have you had any issues or haven't you tried it? Get a good quality rewritable blu ray disc and try it. You should have one to future testing of projects.

Edit, I just noticed that you have Power2Go on that computer probably as an OEM. I don't believe that version has the ability to burn blu ray discs, or if it does, it will burn a blu ray data disc from a folder set. It should play on a DVD player.

Edited by sknis

Have a look at the attached file concerning my computer(I'm a Norwegian). I have installed Creator NXT Pro 2. To burn Blue ray - do I need an extern writer? Is this one OK?:

ASUS BW-14D1XT, Blu-Ray Writer

SATA, BD-R:14x, BD-R DL: 12x, BDXL, DVD±R: 16x, Power2Go, E-Green, Retail

Your ASUS BW-14D1XT, Blu-Ray writer is a fine machine!

What kind of "I have installed Creator NXT Pro 2. To burn Blue ray" Blu-ray disc's and content do you wish to burn?

I did a mistake - I do not have an Asis blue ray writer in my PC and I understand the one I mentioned is'nt an extern writer. I need reccomandation for an extern blue ray writer to work with my Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2. Maybe another Asis or Samsung writer? I'm so sorry I didnot expressed myself clear enough! I should like to burn some of my videoprouctions, to show them on my TV as good as possible and to share with family etc.

Do you all have blu ray players and high definition TVs?

On the cheap end, I use a USB 2 connected Samsung Portable blu ray writer cost about $100 in the states. It may still be available. On the other hand, I have a $300 USB connected Buffalo blu ray burner that I bought when blu rays were just coming out.

You will not get a definitive answer to your question because of the potential for it not working on your system. We would hate to recommend something and have you come back and tell us it doesn't work and that you spent money for nothing ! :(