24 replies to this topic

#1 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I am using Windows 8.1 (I am a MS TechNet subscriber so it is Windows 8 upgraded with the TechNet Windows 8.1 RTM) Creator NXT worked fine but having used Roxio for many years and update each year I decided to go with the new version which I thought would be more compatable and have a better life span with new updates for Windows 8.1 but I guess I was wrong.

When installing I use the local Administrator account which I have activated, the Av is turned off and I used Revio uninstaller to remove all of the older version, when I try to install using setup.exe run as admin it starts and runs up to the point when it asks to install and then it just closes, I have lost count of the times I have tried so I have stoped trying incase I hit the number limit (10 I think)

Two questions one does anyone have an idea as to why the older version worked and this the latest version wont and who do I contact to get the install limit reset please?

it is the x64 bit BTW

Edited by daf736, 02 October 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

Make sure your display, cpu etc. are set to normal settings, no tweaking allowed.

Create a New Administrator Account.

Install with that account and do not make any customizations ;)

What happens that way?

Keep in mind your advanced beta (RTM) is just that and could be the entire issue. I know of others who installed on Win8 without any issues...

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 02 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#3 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

install log:

Spoiler

I do aprecate that the Windows 8.1 is as yet beta although MS will be releasing it on the 18th of this month to all so should be very close.

As I say I do have the administrator account active not just users as admin and it is that account I am trying to install from although this log is from an admin user.

As you can see I am now a bit concerned about trying again as my istall count is up to 7 but will try using your settings and let you know how I get on.

I will also burn the ISOs to disk to install from as I wish to install to a different HDD location as the main C: drive is only a 120GB SSD

Thank you for your advise and help.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

I asked you to create a NEW Administrator Account. Not use an existing one...

We can get the install count reset, I hit my limit this month :lol:

I could not see what the fail was within your log... There was one as it unloads at the end rather than the normal finish.
(usually it is a simple matter of searching for the word, fail ^_^ but it does not show in this case)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 03 October 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#5 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

sorry I do appreciate the help but no need to use bold to shout, that log was the only one current at the time I have now run it from a disk using the PC master admin account (has to be activated in 8.1 which I have done) using all install defaults no AV or firewall UAC disabled, and unsigned drivers allowed, the PC is not clocked as it is an AMD 8 core CPU with 8GB of DDR3 so as I do not run games overclocking is not needed.

Spoiler

As you can see I am now at 9 tries so it looks like I will have to hold the install for now until the count is reset :(

thank you again for your time.

edit spelling :)

Edited by daf736, 03 October 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

Still not seeing the 'red flag' but I did pass this along to Roxio, and asked them to reset your Install Count ;)

Keep an eye out for an IM (upper right corner) over the next day or so.

Attached File  IM 1.jpg   81.79KB   1 downloads

I am really sorry I could not be of more use to you -_-

#7 Rox-Ralf

Rox-Ralf

Roxio Forum Admin

• Root Admin
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

sorry I do appreciate the help but no need to use bold to shout, that log was the only one current at the time I have now run it from a disk using the PC master admin account (has to be activated in 8.1 which I have done) using all install defaults no AV or firewall UAC disabled, and unsigned drivers allowed, the PC is not clocked as it is an AMD 8 core CPU with 8GB of DDR3 so as I do not run games overclocking is not needed.

Spoiler

As you can see I am now at 9 tries so it looks like I will have to hold the install for now until the count is reset :(

thank you again for your time.

edit spelling :)

Please check your inbox!

#8 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

back again :) over the last nearly a year and a number of hardware upgrades and crashies Video Wave stoped working so I uninstalled with Revo and tried to reinstall only to hit "the serial number has been used to many times" so can I ask for another reset please?

Spoiler

Edited by cdanteek, 11 September 2014 - 06:32 AM.
Removed CD Key!

#9 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

You'll want to send a Private Message to Rox-Ralf and ask him directly for a reset. He doesn't always watch the general posts. (Hover your mouse over his name, when the pop-up appears, click the "Send Message" link.)

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#10 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:37 AM

I noticed in the log it showing a different install version available but not used.Not sure if that's because it's the same as you have or if you told it not to check for updated files.
When the software asks if you want to check for updated files at the beginning go ahead and let it.It should download that newer version if needed.
See if that helps.

"Sometimes I feel, sometimes I feel,
Like I been tied to the whippin' post.
Tied to the whippin' post, tied to the whippin' post.
Good Lord, I feel like I'm dyin'."

Terry

64 bitWindows 10 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Brother HL-L2380DW Laser Printer

#11 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

thank you for the replies I have now PM Ralf so hopefully that will be OK as for the different software version with all the experience I had with install problems I do know that at the moment it is the 10 installs limit I have hit so no software will work also I bought this when it first came out so have an early version it would be good to be able to download the latest but where from?

Edited by daf736, 14 September 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:12 AM

During install you will be asked if you want to check for updates. YES ;)

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

thank you for the replies I have now PM Ralf so hopefully that will be OK as for the different software version with all the experience I had with install problems I do know that at the moment it is the 10 installs limit I have hit so no software will work also I bought this when it first came out so have an early version it would be good to be able to download the latest but where from?

There is no update to Creator NXT2!

Your getting replies off your old log file in post #5 made a year ago not your new post #8 made this year!

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#14 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:15 AM

update:

Ralf reset my install count (a big thank you as always) and that let me install as needed (Windows 10 will be fun soon though)

One odd thing all parts work as they should except for the GUI menu I have to start each separately it is just a little inconvenient not having the main start page,

Edited by daf736, 02 October 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#15 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have now got Roxio Central working but get the reg keys missing if I try to run from that.

I did use Revo uninstaller and restarted every time asked what a pain, tried the reg fix from another post but no help :(

What is good news I have Windows 10 x64 tec preview installed as a dual boot and that works well :D

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:32 PM

I did use Revo uninstaller and restarted every time asked what a pain, tried the reg fix from another post but no help :(

What is good news I have Windows 10 x64 tec preview installed as a dual boot and that works well :D

Revo restarts should be ONE???

Are you saying Roxio is working on your Beta Win 10?

#17 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

Thank you for the reply Jim I should have been a bit clearer, I uninstalled with Revo, then reinstalled NXT2 and it was the restart requested by Roxio I was referring to.

Due to my next comment I am back now to not having Roxio Central as in my post #14 all the individual components show in all programs and work if started from there but no icon on the desk top.
When installing I do only use defaults with my AV off, it has been fine for months the reinstall was prompted by a hardware fail.

Yes my copy of NXT2 is working fine on Windows 10 tec preview x64 or was but due to other conflicts I have had to remove it (Win 10 ) using a full backup of the hard drive resetting to 30th of September I will now reinstall Win 10 in a VRM

As you can see am very into the tec side of computing and spend a lot of time experimenting so this 10 install limit is a bit of a bind for me so thank you Ralf again and all who add to my knowledge.

#18 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

Might be time to Format C:\???

We seem to be chasing symptoms and getting nowhere. That indicates a greater problem with the OS...

There is no 'fix' for the reg key symptom and NXT 2. Those Registry fixes were for NXT and we can only guess they apply to NXT 2.

IF you reformat and do a clean Windows 7 or 8 install AND it works then you know the corruption is your Image and whenever you Restore, you Restore the problem with it ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 04 October 2014 - 11:48 AM.

• grandpabruce likes this

#19 daf736

daf736

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

you are right Jim but for a number of reasons it is not an option at the moment (a lot to do with my chemo and concentration time) I have now sorted it though by using ISO buster to open the NXT 2 image and running Central from there and using the repair option so all is good for now until I break it again :lol:

Thank you all for the help I do post some things here so other people learn from my mistakes and hope that helps increase the knowledge as a whole, all I need now is a copy of "Creator NXT 2 Blu-ray Burning Plug-in" I have my serial but seem to have lost the install file.

Product SKU: ESDRCRNXT2HDBDML
Product Name: Creator NXT 2 Blu-ray Burning Plug-in - ESD
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: £**.**
Product Key:
T*-Y**V3-***29-65N**

never ends still as I am house bound it does give me an interest.

#20 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

So you ony have the NXT 2 and not the Pro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users