• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JanAntons

Roxio Media Creator Nxt2 Pro Crashes On Startup

Question

When clicking the the desktop shortcut to start Roxio Media Creator NXT2 Pro on a Windows 8 pc, the application starts to load and displays the splash screen, that lists all the modules that are loading.

As soon as it gets to "Loading Roxio Media Creator NXT2 Pro", windows displays "Roxio Creaor has stopped working...."

I have tried the following:

1) repair the installation

2) run as administrator

3) compatibility mode - windows 7

the program just crashed on load and there is no way to use roxio.

Jan

9 answers to this question

When clicking the the desktop shortcut to start Roxio Media Creator NXT2 Pro on a Windows 8 pc, the application starts to load and displays the splash screen, that lists all the modules that are loading.

As soon as it gets to "Loading Roxio Media Creator NXT2 Pro", windows displays "Roxio Creaor has stopped working...."

I have tried the following:

1) repair the installation

2) run as administrator

3) compatibility mode - windows 7

the program just crashed on load and there is no way to use roxio.

Jan

hi, JanAntons,

Can you provide more info on your PC configuration since I may also meet the same issue before.

Autumn

Never run in Compatibility Mode!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since that likely screwed up other portions, might as well jump to the end of the repair levels...

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

Probably best to Print this so you can check off each item as you go ;)

Jim, thanks for the instructions. I disagree with you on the comment never to run anything in compatibility mode, compatibility mode is very helpful in troubleshooting computer/program related issues.

the full uninstall did not fix the issues. This seems to be related to windows 8 and the laptop hp probook 6470b I installed it on. It works fine on another workstation running windows 8.

thanks for your assistance

Jim, thanks for the instructions. I disagree with you on the comment never to run anything in compatibility mode, compatibility mode is very helpful in troubleshooting computer/program related issues.

the full uninstall did not fix the issues. This seems to be related to windows 8 and the laptop hp probook 6470b I installed it on. It works fine on another workstation running windows 8.

thanks for your assistance

Are you trying to install NXT2 Pro on two separate computers ? Sounds like you have already installed it on a different W8 computer.

Redwagon, I installed it on another w8 machine as a test and it worked fine. Have removed it from that machine since.

Good move. Only one install per computer UNLESS you have bought two separate program :)

Then it is something about that specific PC and or setting on it that is the issue...

You have never listed the specs for your lap... Another common area is the the Video Card/Chip drivers and software on laptops. Of course ANY overclocking or tweaks always leads to disaster :lol: