Robert Vaughan

Trouble With Web Video Capture!

Question

Greetings...

I upgraded my Roxio to Creator NXT Pro 2 because of the streaming web video feature, but thus far have not been able to make it happen!

The tutorial, and help text, say to open "Copy and Convert Video", select "Web Video", then open the browser and start the video. At that point I get a pop-up window saying:

"Launch your browser to start viewing the web video. Please make sure to select a fixed resolution and restart the video if necessary. Only play one video at a time."

The pop-up is not mentioned in the help text, and I can find no place to select resolution. I have tried playing the video in the browser, both with the pop-up still in place and with it removed. In both cases, no video appears in the designated folder location, and of course nothing comes up to be worked with. Is there a step somehow I am missing?

As my product is now past the 14-day warranty period, I hope someone here can help, because Roxio requires $25.00 to help!!

Thanks,,,Robert

6 answers to this question

The short answer is that it really does not work reliably...

Best solution is to find something else to do web capture :(

-

Jim, thanks for the reply. I am new to the Roxio forums, but I find your many posts to be very informative!

I am a long time happy user of Roxio, but only after this update to NXT Pro 2 attempted using "video web capture".

So, is this a problem that Roxio is working on?? If so, will we expect an update to the product?

Otherwise, you advised looking for other options. Any suggestions??

Again, thanks....

Robert

-

Jim, thanks for the reply. I am new to the Roxio forums, but I find your many posts to be very informative!

I am a long time happy user of Roxio, but only after this update to NXT Pro 2 attempted using "video web capture".

So, is this a problem that Roxio is working on?? If so, will we expect an update to the product?

Otherwise, you advised looking for other options. Any suggestions??

Again, thanks....

Robert

It is doubtful that it will ever be fixed. The last version, in which it actually worked "most of the time", was Creator 2010. It hasn't worked in the last 4 versions, as far as I know.

Yes it was a Great Idea and it worked pretty well as GPB said, in Creator 2010...

But it has just gone downhill since then and I doubt they will fix it :mellow:

:angry:

Argh! Not the response I was looking for!

I wish I had seen this forum post BEFORE upgrading to the latest Roxio, it would have saved me much frustration and $$. I was hoping the Web Video capture would work with the latest and greatest software.

If this feature doesn't work (and they are not going to bother fixing the issues) then Roxio should not even mention it as a selling point! :angry2:

:angry:

Argh! Not the response I was looking for!

I wish I had seen this forum post BEFORE upgrading to the latest Roxio, it would have saved me much frustration and $$. I was hoping the Web Video capture would work with the latest and greatest software.

If this feature doesn't work (and they are not going to bother fixing the issues) then Roxio should not even mention it as a selling point! :angry2:

nofan, You posted to a 4 year old thread about a version that is obsolete.

What version are you talking about? The one in the more recent versions work fine for most people. It is on the Video page as "Record your Screen"

If you have a problem, please start your own thread in the forum covering the Version of Creator that you have.