outerbank

Upgrading From Win Xp Pro To Win 7 Pro

Question

I will be upgrading my computer within the near future from XP Pro to Win 7 Pro. I know that the hard drive will be wiped clean upon performing the upgrade and that the files one wishes to retain will need to be copied to an external drive. Any recommendations about any software to use to move these files?

What needs to be done to successfully reinstall Roxio Creator 2011? Does Roxio Creator 2011 have to be uninstalled prior to the upgrade? Will I have to contact Roxio to inform them of the change in operating system? I have a physical disc of the software. Any suggestions/precautions about files related to compositions created within Roxio Creator 2011? The files in question are from projects already completed, but which I would like to retain for future use and possible modification.

Thanks for any help.

29 answers to this question

Have finally installed a second HDD in the computer and then installed Win 7 Pro on this second HDD. Also installed Roxio Creator 2011 Special on this second HDD. Had some initial issues with the display card. It wasn't 1920 x 1080, but something less. Had to download new drivers for the Radeon HD 5670 graphics display. Up to this point all seems to be functioning.

Have finally installed a second HDD in the computer and then installed Win 7 Pro on this second HDD. Also installed Roxio Creator 2011 Special on this second HDD. Had some initial issues with the display card. It wasn't 1920 x 1080, but something less. Had to download new drivers for the Radeon HD 5670 graphics display. Up to this point all seems to be functioning.

post-97-0-34906700-1385221980_thumb.gif

Good job!

Did you buy a new Win 7 Pro or use the one that came with the PC?

Thanks for the accolade, I think. Surprisingly, was able to use the Win 7 Pro disc that was supplied. Opened VideoWave in Creator 2011, accessed a previously completed project file in the XP drive and downloaded the project. Boy, is it fast. Loaded entire project within 5 secs. Will now begin transferring old movies and videos to dvd projects.

Surprisingly, was able to use the Win 7 Pro disc that was supplied.

I thought that would work and saved you some cash!