Unspeekable

Game Capture Cannot Connect

Question

I don't know why but when i first installed PC game capture it was working fine but later it wasn't recording. then for a while my computer profile didn't have admin status and i couldn't use it. After enabling Admin status on my computer i attempted to use the recording program but every time i click the CAPTURE button, i get

"Please check your internet connection and try again." But my internet connection is just fine. I got this at half price and heard it was an alright recording program for beginners. I'd really like to use it soon. can some one please help me?

Edited by Unspeekable

9 answers to this question

I bought Roxio's PC Game Capture a long time ago when I had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I now have Windows 8.1 64 bit, but I'm having the same problem. What can I do? Is it true that Roxio no longer supports PC Game Capture?

I bought Roxio's PC Game Capture a long time ago when I had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I now have Windows 8.1 64 bit, but I'm having the same problem. What can I do? Is it true that Roxio no longer supports PC Game Capture?

Put it back on your Windows 7 computer.

Wow these are certainly the worst suggestions I seen ever. Why would you go pay for another version of windows to get something like this to work.

I run this as admin and still unable to connect to the internet. My assessment is that the firewall is blocking the program, now to figure that out.

I have used admin to change program to run in all different version and still fails to work. I am guessing this software is more of a headache than it's worth.

NO Roxio program will run right in Compatibility Mode...

Where did you get the program, it has not been offered for some time so it may be best to return it and go with one of the Game Capture version.

I just installed Roxio "PC Game Capture" software and tried to run it. When I go to Capture I get "Please check your internet connection and try again". Of course I have internet connection. I tried running as administrator, no luck. I looked for update, none. I disabled my antivirus and firewall, no change. You mention something about an RGC device, I don't have that just the software box. Do you need something else.

Any help would be appreciated because although I do a lot with computers, I am not familiar with game capturing and how it works, although I am quite familiar with video editing software.

I just installed Roxio "PC Game Capture" software and tried to run it. When I go to Capture I get "Please check your internet connection and try again". Of course I have internet connection. I tried running as administrator, no luck. I looked for update, none. I disabled my antivirus and firewall, no change. You mention something about an RGC device, I don't have that just the software box. Do you need something else.

Any help would be appreciated because although I do a lot with computers, I am not familiar with game capturing and how it works, although I am quite familiar with video editing software.

What OS are you running?

I Do Not know, but the 'internet connection' part could be from it looking for update that are no longer there... Try under Options to turn off the Check for Updates.

You have to Hardware to capture any external game box! NOTHING can capture using software alone... That is what I meant by 'Device'. Now the PC Game Capture is essentially a screen & audio capture software...

Like the previous post, where did you get this? Did it ever work?

The more obvious info you provide lead to answers faster ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin
Improve Accuracy of response