• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rpd281

Error Code Ffffdcd7

Question

I'm presently using Roxio version 6 and all of a sudden I'm not able to burn the 2 slideshows that are done and ready to go onto a DVD. I keep getting the error code FFFFDCD7. I looked it up on the web and no results were found. Does anyone know what this means and how to correct the problem? I'm using Windows XP and have a new Lite On DVD burner to work with. RPD281

4 answers to this question

Just some additional information about the above problem is when I attempt to start the burning process it shows, "initializing burn engine" and then the error code appears. So I exit out of the burn process and attempt to get back into working with the images and music but it program is lock. I can't even exit out the the program until I go to the task manager and end tkhe unresponsive program. This happens every time the erro code show up and the program is unresponsive. I've tried looking up this error code on the web and on the Roxio website but found nothing .

I then downloaded the Roxio Photoshow version 6 for a second time figuring that maybe a file is missing out of the first version 6. This was a free download from CNET. After the download and installation I tried again to burn a disc and ended up with the same error code and an unresponsive program. Must be a software issue causing this problem. Anyone with any ideas to try next? Thanks.

I'm sorry that you are having that problem. Usually a reinstall will fix the problem.

A couple of questions if I may. Do you have a premium membership? Are you using a PC or MAC? Did you try downloading PhotoShow Version 6 from your Premium Membership page? I don;t really trust C/Net for the full version. What Brand and type of DVD discs are you using? Have you ever used that burner to burn a disc before these?

Can you encode your project to a mpg2 or wmv file? That might tell us if there is an issue with the project. Remember that you can burn only one project to one disc. Are you using the share pratr of the program (Step 3)?

I don't know if anything here (link) will help but there is little to lose other than time. You might want to pay special attention to number 9.

and have a new Lite On DVD burner to work with. RPD281

What is RPD281 supposed to be a model number?

when I attempt to start the burning process it shows, "initializing burn engine" and then the error code appears.

Go to the link below and follow post # 6 to the ' T '. Any questions ask.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74799-no-drive-detected/page__view__findpost__p__374534

"Thank You" SKNIS, CDANTEEK for your help in this matter related to the error code ffffdcd7. It's very much appreciated. In answer to one question RPD281 is my user name instead of the Lite-On model number. I'm using a PC, with the xp operating system and the dvds that I

m using are the Sony DVD-R.

At the moment, in using the Nero Photoshow 5 version and everything works well with it and it will burn the dvds. So my conclusion is that the dvd drive, is working well and something is corrupted in the Roxio Photoshow 6 program itself. I could be wrong about this, just my opinion. I'm not going to use the Roxio version 6 as long as I can get the job done with the Nero 5 version. I've gotten to stressed out and aggravated is trying to resolve this issue. When things calm down I'll follow the recommendations that both of you gave me and hopefully I'll have some good news to share with everyone and tell how the problem got solved. Again "Thanks" for your help.

RPD281