Roxio Community

Why Can't I Transfer Some Shows From My Tivo?

transfer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brennan Stehling

Brennan Stehling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

I am unable to get Restaurant Impossible and other videos to transfer. I just purchased and installed this Roxio software because TiVo support said that I could use it to export videos from my TiVo. I am expecting that it should work with any of these videos.

Why is there that red icon on the left side?

When I attempt to start the transfer it seems to try for moment and then stops.

Posted Image

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,722 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Your cable company chooses which networks to block from copying. Some of those are at the insistence of the network (such as HBO) and others are entirely the choice of your provider. Comcast where I live lets me copy many of those networks on your list. There is nothing you can do other than complain to your cable company. There may be advice in one of the forums at avsforums.com.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 golf25radioman

golf25radioman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Computers, web authoring, desktop publishing, collector cars, muscle cars

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

A question about this has bugged me for a long time.  Not sure what the reason, no one can answer it.  But, as Digital Guru states, the cable company blocks copying of certain content.  The weird thing for me is shows of the same name, series, etc., have some that can be transferred and other not.  For instance, a Mecum Auctions episode that I really want to save is the ONLY one in  over 30 on the TiVo that cannot be transferred.  Other shows, such as Gearz, also have some episodes not able to be transferred.  Any ideas?  I've tried everything I could to get that Mecum episode off the TiVo (shareware, etc.) with no luck.  Suggestions?

Tom

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,722 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

I think there are forums at AVSforums.com for most of the cable providers where there are discussions about copy blocking. Maybe you can get some tips there. As I recall a few had success complaining to the cable operator. The only other option is the now-discontinued EyeTV HD. It records video from the component video outputs of the TiVo in high definition. Since those are analog outputs the copy protection shouldn't be a factor. I don't have one so I don't know for sure. It needs to be connected directly between the TiVo and a Mac. Here is some info.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users