figbone

Audio Capture Signal With Audioquest Dragonfly Dac

Question

I am using the Audioquest Dragonfly DAC replacing my internal sound card. Roxio capture can't open the Dragonfly hence no recording signal. Any tips

19 answers to this question

Yes I get the signal in this first block but nothing in the recording block .Audioquest Dragonfly doesn't show up in the recording settings area my sounds and hardware in the control panel

Edited by figbone

You had better contact Dragonfly DAC . Did it not come with a user manual on how to install.

There is nothing to setup with this DAC other than the initial settings in the control panel. Once the Dragonfly is plugged into a USB port it automatically sets itself as the main sound card. The Realtek card which was the original worked fine with both playback and recording. Roxio can't open the Dragonfly

You should realize that all capture audio is taken from what is coming from the RGC via the USB connection to your PC...

NOTHING else can be captured, unless it is introduced at the RGC Device -_-

I appreciate your help Jim but I don't understand this RGC Device thing. I'm using a HP 8600h Workstation with Windows 7 not that this has any bearing on my record problem. You are dealing with a 71 year old who is also a JIm

Don't try to hide behind your age, I'm only a couple years younger than you!

RGC = Roxio Game Capture

It consists of the Software ~ capture/edit/streaming

As well as the Device

The software captures ONLY from the Device!

Your Sound Card, Microphone or your Dragonfly DAC is not accessible to the Software unless it is added at the Device.

Nothing will change that.

Now some questions for you!

What is it that you want to capture? How are you hooking that up?

I just want to capture streaming audio. Before the Dragonfly I was hooked up from my line in on the computer while using tape out, I also was using Hi-Fi link for streaming which was a USB connection on the computer and that ran to my video four output. It all worked fine but I do hear an improvement with the Dragonfly but it may be more trouble than it's worth. I don't do gaming

Edited by figbone

Were does Roxio fit in this?, and what spec

I just want to capture streaming audio. Before the Dragonfly I was hooked up from my line in on the computer while using tape out, I also was using Hi-Fi link for streaming which was a USB connection on the computer and that ran to my video four output. It all worked fine but I do hear an improvement with the Dragonfly but it may be more trouble than it's worth. I don't do gaming

Were does Roxio fit in this?, and what specific Roxio program do you have?, and how do you have it hooked up.

You posted in the forum for this product http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/overview.html

Edited by ogdens

I use Roxio Creator 10 and one of their applications that I like to use is Easy Audio Capture so I can record streaming music off the web

I use Roxio Creator 10 and one of their applications that I like to use is Easy Audio Capture so I can record streaming music off the web

Do you even have the Roxio Capture Device? If not why did you post in the forum for the device? Now you state you have Roxio Creator 10 (actually there is no such program) or do you mean Easy Media Creator 10 or do you have Roxio Creator 2010?

Please clarify exactly what program you have , be specific with the full name. Your topic will then be moved to the correct forum.

Excuse me. I have Easy Media Creator 10. Guess I got on the wrong place.

Well then everything I Posted about the RGC has no bearing on your issue, sorry if that confused you, please ignore -_-

Excuse me. I have Easy Media Creator 10. Guess I got on the wrong place.

What O/S do you have XP/Vista/Win 7?

My mistake. I'm using Roxio Record Now Music Lab 10 Premier

Just in case you change your mind again look here (link)

Did you do an update on it (link) ?

Suggestion: A little more car on your posting could have saved you some time and some of us aggravation ! :wacko:

Lets re-cap.

Whatever Roxio product you have...... you said in post 5 "The Realtek card which was the original worked fine with both playback and recording"

From that information we know the Roxio program is working fine.

The only change you made was you replaced your internal sound card with Audioquest Dragonfly DAC .

You also stated that the "Audioquest Dragonfly doesn't show up in the recording settings area my sounds and hardware in the control pane"

So, until you get that fixed it is not going to work. Go here http://www.audioques.../flight    click on the DRAGONFLY - FLIGHT MANUAL tab, set your choice of language, and then scroll down to page 9, and follow the instructions.

If that does not work, contact Audioquest.